Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Installation Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 12:33 AM
f0gg

Default Installation Questions

hey guys whats up im new here... i just picked up a 2000 mustang gt yesterday, anyway my question is my stock radio takes up two dins one is a tape deck then they are seperated and below it is a cd player i want to put a different head unit in there that i have from my old car and was wondering what i can do about the bottom din being open if i remove both of them also i picked up just a regular wireing harness from sounddomain.com that said should work will there be two sets of wires? i also picked up the key to remove the stock unit i installed the unit in my other car however it was setup a little different i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers... the whole dash isnt removed to get the radio out correct you just pull with the key and just slide the new unit in? thanks any help would be appriciated

-sean (f0gg@comcast.net)
Old 04-23-2004, 01:07 PM
weakv6mobile

Default RE: Installation Questions

u dont really need the key, u coulda just used a coat hanger and saved some money

anyways, it depends, u shoulda checked out the system first to make sure u dont have premium or mach set up

when i was installin my head unit i didnt realize i had the premium (which comes with an amp built in) so all my wirin harness' were wrong and i was out like 50 bucks

there will be two wiring harness', one for the power, the other for the speakers

as far as wat to do with the open bay, wat i did was installed a plate in there and cut slits in it, and this is where all my switches are for different things such as my new amp, my fog lights, the neon lights and the strobes

just an idea