Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
4 CRUZEN

Default RE: Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?

Mine is easy it is a 2004 and I bought it new however there is a bit of history. I have all the documentation including a letter from Ford certifying certain options etc. I have never found the original build sheet in the car anywwhere but everything else is complete including oil changes invoices for mod parts etc.in a book I have put together. The mods are simple, roll bar, Mach 1 chin spoiler and most recently a BBK Cold air kit installed.

I previously, "back in the day" owned a 1966 yellow Mustang Conv. 289 but as is so often the case traded it in. I have always wanted a nother one. I have looked for about 2-3 years for "just the right pony" but only found 1 I really wanted, a 91 GT conv. 5 Ltr. To make a long story short couldn't buy it. My wife finally said "look just go buy a new one and quit gripping about it. I looked at colour options and called my local dealer to find me a new competition orange GT Conv. pretty easy right, wrong. At that time there were only three available in Canada. 1 in BC and 2 in Ontario, 1 demonstrator and 1 on a lot 5 hours away. We ended up agreeing the new one (didn't want one beat up on like a demo would be) so the dealer was going to send someone up to get it and we said no, send us which he did. To this day only my wife and I have driven the car except when the local dealer did the PD and I was with the mechanic that test drove it. We took owbership of th ecar in July 2004 and have put about 18,000 miles on it The car has never seen snow or gravel and will remain same.We keep it in pristine condition and enjoy showing it a few times a year as well as a couple of poker runs. We get the same comments all the time that people love the colour and have never seen one like it.
Love the car, love driving it, love my wife for telling me to "just shut up and go buy a new one". [sm=love.gif]
Old 11-15-2013, 12:07 PM
cashs mom
1st Gear Member

I do have history on my 66. I'm the third owner and the two previous owners were car guys so the original papers go passed down with the car. My car was delivered to Dallas Texas in March of 66. I can't recall the original owners name right now, but a quick google search revealed that he was the holder of the DBA for North Texas Mustang Club. He's now deceased or I would have contacted him. I also have the paperwork for when the engine was rebuilt in 1986. The second owner lived in Kingwood, TX when I purchased the car from him. He'd owned it for some 9 years most of which he spent overseas only driving the car a couple times a year. From the general condition of the car (especially the cowl), I'm guessing the car has never sat out and always been babied. I was lucky on this one. It's an awesome car.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 PM
creaky

My '65 A code vert was bought new by a lady originally from the Dayton, OH area who eventually moved to Connecticut. She passed away in the early 80's and the car was inherited by a nephew living in W central OH. He drove the car from Connecticut in 1985where it had been stored for some time, put it in his garage and never drove it again. I found about it a few months ago through a mutual friend who told me that it was for sale. I looked it over for several hours and bought it. It is what I guess is called a "survivor", all original including all the sheet metal, top, interior and paint except for both quarters being repainted sometime in the past. 25K showing on the speedo, the nephew I bought it from said the speedo was working when he drove it home. Having not being driven or moved for some 27 years, a lot of things needed to be addressed. The engine, although it turned over by hand, was badly gunked up, the oil had turned to jello. I decided to pull it and do a rebuild, which I have finished, don't have the engine back in yet. Other things that have been done include a complete overhaul of the braking system, replacing the transmission seals, replacing the pinion seal, removing the clutch linkage for cleanup and new bushings. I spent a number of hours underneath the car scaling and wire brushing the bottom of the floor pan and coating it with a rust converter and 3 coats of Zero Rust, same for the engine compartment,found no holes or rot. The under-hood wiring harnesses have been cleaned up and rewrapped, new starter relay installed. The battery tray was badly corroded, so a new one is fitted. I am considering replacing the single exhaust with duals, but am thinking that originality is somewhat compromised if I do, on the fence. There are still some small details to be taken care of, hope to have it running by Xmas.
Attached Thumbnails Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?-100_1810a.jpg   Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?-100_1915a.jpg   Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?-100_1920a.jpg   Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?-100_1928a.jpg   Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?-100_1978a.jpg  

Old 11-24-2013, 07:21 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Earl Gentry, owner of Gentry Fuel Oil rolled in to the refridgeration/AC parts house where my brother and I were working in his 1967 fastback painted in 1988 IROC Z blue and we both stood there slack-jawed totally mesmerized by the car.

A couple months later Earl rolls back in and says that his wife is on his *** because he has too many toys and he needs to get rid of the fastback so he can get a small pickup.

This is around 1988 and at the time my brother had a really nice 1985 low mileage S10 Chevy so he half jokingly offered his truck up for the trade. Much to his surprise Earl said, "Let's go see what your truck looks like" and after a quick look he said, "OK. Give me 200.00 bump and we'll trade".

My brother was over the moon! He couldn't believe it! No way this was actually going to happen! Of course being young and broker than hell he couldn't have laid his hands on 200.00 without breaking the law so I spotted him my last $100.00 so he could close the deal.

OK> No problem, they'll meet after work and do the deed.

A couple hours later Earl comes back into the shop and tells my brother, "Look...Now my wife is on my *** because she thinks I am getting rid of the car too cheap." I saw my brother absolutely wilt because between him and me we were totally tapped out but Earl continued, "... so here is another $400.00 for you to give me after work so it looks like your giving me a $600.00 bump", which is exactly what he did when Earl and his old lady came to the house after work. Earl was just that kinduva guy.

Earl was a great guy who unfortunately was killed a couple years ago driving his motorcycle about 2 blocks from his front door when his best friend backed out into the road right in front of him. That was a cryin' *** shame. Every once in a while he'd stop by to take a look at the old girl and make me promise that if I sold it that I'd give him first crack.

My brother drove the hell out of it for 6 or 8 years until I sweet talked him out of it with a really clean, bone stock 1964 Fairlane 500 with a 289 and factory AC.

Beyond that, I couldn't tell you a thing about the cars history except that by the time we got hold only the rear end was left of the original drive train.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 11-24-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:39 PM
2734Dewster

My 65 was factory order that I took delivery in March 1965. I knew it was keeper so I'v hung on to it for over 50 yrs. 2v auto HT with 130K mi.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:26 AM
69mach1377
5th Gear Member

Good first post Dewster. Not many can say that.
I bought mine in 1989 from a guy in denver using it to deliver newspapers. It had studded snow tires and a 3.89:1 open rear end and was 3 colors; blue, primer gray and rust (not just the color). Took about a year to make it mechanically safe and sound and another to make it look good again. I'm still not done...getting a new A5 tranny this month after the Gforce T5 broke it's glass 3rd gear.

Last edited by 69mach1377; 08-11-2015 at 03:25 PM.