Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

bwahahaha the poor chevy losers didnt know what they had coming.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

Default bwahahaha the poor chevy losers didnt know what they had coming.

so i have been involved with the boyscouts since i could join when i was a tiger cub in the 1st grade, and my family is still heavily involved.

every year the district puts on a public gather/funraiser/PR event. normally all the troops get together and builds their own booth, whether it be chili cooking with samples, or first aid demonstrations. basically its just like a medium sized event for the public to come out and see whats up.

anyways, this year they decided to hold a car show. my father decided to take my 67 out to the show while i was at work. just for fun. it wasnt very big, nor was it competitive. more of a cruise in style.

there were many beautiful, professionally restored cars, including a SS Chevelle, a matching pair of cars from one owner and his wife, a Ranchero and a Gran Torino, and many others.

long story short they decided to hold a vote for the general public to pick their favorite car.

and to everyone's surprise they chose the mustang by a landslide. which must have bummed out the other owners. obvoiusly the people voting werent all professional car rebuilders. but they picked my 20 footer plain jane white mustang coupe, over a SS and professionally restored el caminos and torinos.

i know my car is nothing special, but i thought it was the most amusing thing ever when my father called me to tell me.

my mustang proceeded to run out of gas on the way home due to a faulty gas gauge.

what a show stopper.

my youngest brother, future mustang racer.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

You'd be surprised at how much folks love old Mustangs. Just the fact that it is a Mustang gives it bonus points to forgive minor imperfections.

I can tell you every single flaw about my Stang other than the obvious 20 foot paint job. But others don't notice the small imperfections and just see a classic Stang.

We go to a local pizza place once in a while on Saturday night where the local car club has a "street meet". I always catch folks checking out the Stang...every kind of person you can imagine from young folks to older folks. This past Saturday some boy about 12 years old was there with his mom and really liked the Mustang and kept coming over to look in the window. His mom by the way was pretty hot....dang if I was only single, LOL!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 AM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

dang if I was only single, LOL!

isnt that the truth.

i know what you mean. when i was younger it was all about mustangs, thats all that mattered. now that im older i appreciate the value of torinos, chevelles, camaros, and all the other cars.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 AM
daragez
1st Gear Member

nice share!..thanks..!!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

I love the fact that it ran out of gas.. Thats just the perfect ending to a great day..
Old 05-04-2009, 12:34 PM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by boogerschnot
I love the fact that it ran out of gas.. Thats just the perfect ending to a great day..
naturally!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Congrats on the win
Old 05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I started thinking....this would be a cool fundraiser for the boys' group. Might have to ask around about what it would take to have a show for a fund raiser around here. Heck if you are going to be stuck doing something might as well be something cool right?

Especially since one of them decided he liked the Mustang now....at first he told me "it's too old and there is always something broke", LOL! This past Saturday night when we were at the street meet thing he out of the blue told me when he gets old enough to drive he wants the Mustang....there is hope for that one yet.

Here is a picture of my two little ones with their pine wood cars a few weeks back.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:23 PM
dcohen
4th Gear Member

that is actually an awesome idea for a scout show, the whole first aid/build your own shelter stuff used to get so old

that torino and ranchero were pretty sweet
Old 05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
67BullittCoupe
3rd Gear Member

were i come from, fort lauderdale area, they used to have the whole council do the scout show at Joe Robbie Stadium. "dolphin's stadium" literally for a whole weekend the entire parking facility would be packed with tents and canopys and events. i think when they were the biggest they peaked at 5-6 thousand people. it was the third largest scout gathering only over shadowed by national jamboree and NOAC.

at night they would have arena shows in the stadium, and the best troops and packs got to set up their booths in the walk ways of the stadium.

those were the days. too bad we didnt have digital cameras back then. otherwise id post them.