Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

today is the day i race with my new engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:38 PM
rwcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default today is the day i race with my new engine

so today is friday and tonite im going to race one of my friends.......well how it started was basically he got his engine which was a 67 coupe that had a 289 which was then bored to a 306 so the thing is he was talking smack saying he's the ish n all. so i guess his hp rating would be around like 380 ish only things he has is carb intake cam and pistons etc but only the heads are stock. and mine is a 347 560 hp which he doesnt know!!!not yet!! lol i told him i was gonna race him stock he was like bring it on lol so today is the day that i will shut his *** up and also my friend is letting me use his slicks yay!! but ill let u guys know what happens. what do u think ??? will i shut him up lol ???

[IMG]local://upfiles/6730/887CBAE2F4BB4D32B1B397ADB01BEFE4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-25-2004, 01:13 AM
ajvonloh

Default RE: today is the day i race with my new engine

Have you allowed your engine it's proper break in period, usually around 500 miles? I wouldn't be stomping on it just yet if it had not been broken in properly.
There are alot of other factors you have to consider to when it comes to racing, raw horsepower is a wonderful thing, but it is no good if it doesn't connect. The slicks should help in that aspect. Good Luck!
Old 07-25-2004, 06:33 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

You're gonna smoke him.[sm=smiley16.gif]
Old 07-25-2004, 08:30 AM
rwcstang
2nd Gear Member

well its about 2000 miles on it so i mean i had for less than a year so i mean it is broken in so to say but yeh on friday it was awsome you should have seen his face lol his mouth droped to the floor lol at first he was like dont matter ill win i was like ok then after like 5 mins he was backing off lol heheheh i was like come on dude u been talking smack and u dont put ***** to the walls wow in the end i convinced him and we went to the long stretch of road and when we took off wow i cant believe that i smoked the ish out of him lol right from the start my car left and i can see him through my rear view as his lights faded away it was awsome lol and then the next day was much more crazy we went to this one spot near the hills and we stood there for a good 30 mins then sum one had a scanner and heard that the cops were headed this way and we left next we went to the shores which was twice as crazy this cobra vs gt and wow lol cobra said later after this 69 maro came up and sound beefy and went up to me and challanged me and i took his offer and wow at first he kept up when we took off in the end i had left him about 5-7 car lengths lol and when i was done the cops came and blocked off the road i just turned my car around and left lol then after all that we all met up at the cruise well sum of us that made and didnt get pulled over chilled and said we made it lol but it was great so my car did great and now my car gets to sleep quietly and dream sweetly lol i luv my baby ele yes its eleanors baby sister lol what about u guys any stories you want to say??
Old 07-25-2004, 06:58 PM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Well I have had my car for 4 months, nothing too exciting has happen, lol.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:14 AM
ajvonloh

That's awesome! Your story sounds very exciting, I wish I could of seen it! I don't have any stories like that to tell, but it is almost just as exciting reading your story. Happy motoring!
Old 07-26-2004, 04:18 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

Ya, sweet story man, a lot of people talked crap about my car and about how they were gonna smoke me. But once I got it, I asked people to back it up, but they make up excuses.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:58 PM
rwcstang
2nd Gear Member

oh hell yeh when u put ur ***** to the walls they dont want to do it cuz they thought u were gonna say no hahah buts it all good they can hate but they cant relate!!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:35 AM
SCRATCHY30
2nd Gear Member

lol, yep that is so true, stupid civics.

Anyhow, I sorta do have a story, I raced a kid at my work, he has a 66 mustang, and he beat me by barely anything, now I got my shift kit and stuff so we are gonna have a rematch soon, I think I'll win

Other than that I am going legit, if someone challenges me I will take up the offer, but I won't go hunting for people, and you know the occasional stop light meeting, I'll still participate

Oh....and I did race some stupid kid I know, he had a neon, he raced me twice, lol smoked him hardcore of course.

But ya, I am gonna play it safe more often from now on.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:57 PM
rwcstang
2nd Gear Member

oh yeh everyone that tries to provoke peeps i mean it stupid cuz u may not kno what the other guy OR GURL has lol also there are sum sleepers out there that i wouldn't dare mess with lol i mean yeh if it comes down to a red light then yeah i will participate, i think if people try to race me all i have to say is "you didnt say the secret word"!!!!!jk all they have to do is ask and also if they ask then they talk **** then i have to back down cuz i know those kids are new in the game and probably dont know how to handle their car thats probably why we have so much fatalities, but i'll just tell them hey buddy race a few other cars then come to me cuz sumtimes u need to earn respect and u just cant come up and challange them and then start talking ish u know?thats not how it works. that shows me that they are new rookies that bearly got in the game.