Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

southwestspeed granada spindle kits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:22 PM
pokertramp

Default southwestspeed granada spindle kits?

Does anyone know if this will fit a 66 mustang coupe with the I-6? It looks like it would be better than junkyard stuff and at $449.99 it looks like a great price for new stuff. part # 203-884 on southwestspeed.com and the only thing it doesn't come with as i can see is dust shields, proportion valve and lines.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:30 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: southwestspeed granada spindle kits?

I have these guys front end kit good guys and great products. Cant beat there tech and knowledge base.
This would be a good kit on a budget.
http://www.rcmotorsports.net/18link.html
Old 12-16-2007, 12:37 PM
pokertramp

Are the dust shields needed or could I just go without them?
Old 12-16-2007, 12:57 PM
cmanf
3rd Gear Member

I have the 11" gm set up on mine id doesnt have the dust shields.
If you call those guys tomorrow you get the owners not a kid in the sales office.
They can point you in the right direction.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

First of all I am assuming you are upgrading to 5 lug? well you could do that or you could get a complete disc brake kit for your car with all the parts from www.discbrakeswap.com I am a dealer for them, the full kit is normally $545.00 + shipping but I can give you a 4% discount on the retail price and sell them for $525.00 + shipping. The advantage of this set up is this spindles are new castings designed to use Granada parts but have the correct 65 66 mustang geometry.

"SWAP.2 Classic Ford Disc Brake Swap Kit This kit includes everything needed to swap out your front drum brakes for OEM style disc brakes. All new parts including a spindles kit, refurbed cardone calipers, Raybestos made semi-metallic pads, brake hoses, adjustable proportioning valve, major brand refurb master cylinder, bearings, seals, a 22 piece small parts kit, and performance slotted rotors. Note that you will need to adapt or refab your hard brake lines to accommodate the proportioning valve, the master cylinder, and the brake hoses."

Let me know

Old 12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
pokertramp

ORIGINAL: Daze

First of all I am assuming you are upgrading to 5 lug? well you could do that or you could get a complete disc brake kit for your car with all the parts from www.discbrakeswap.com I am a dealer for them, the full kit is normally $545.00 + shipping but I can give you a 4% discount on the retail price and sell them for $525.00 + shipping. The advantage of this set up is this spindles are new castings designed to use Granada parts but have the correct 65 66 mustang geometry.

"SWAP.2 Classic Ford Disc Brake Swap Kit This kit includes everything needed to swap out your front drum brakes for OEM style disc brakes. All new parts including a spindles kit, refurbed cardone calipers, Raybestos made semi-metallic pads, brake hoses, adjustable proportioning valve, major brand refurb master cylinder, bearings, seals, a 22 piece small parts kit, and performance slotted rotors. Note that you will need to adapt or refab your hard brake lines to accommodate the proportioning valve, the master cylinder, and the brake hoses."

Let me know

Wow, that is a very nice kit, I will surely keep you in mind when I am ready to do the swap. It won't be for 4 months or so.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Daze
3rd Gear Member

If the price changes between now and then the 4% will still be valid just remind me about it when/if you decide you want to get them.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:48 PM
degins
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pokertramp

Does anyone know if this will fit a 66 mustang coupe with the I-6? It looks like it would be better than junkyard stuff and at $449.99 it looks like a great price for new stuff. part # 203-884 on southwestspeed.com and the only thing it doesn't come with as i can see is dust shields, proportion valve and lines.
That kit uses Mustang II/Pinto type spindles. Those are front steer and don't work on 65-73 Mustang. The only thing Granada in that kit are the rotors. The kit does not contain pads, hoses, master cylinder, shields, proportioning valve, tie rods or tie rod adapters.