Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Almost there...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 02:12 PM
uibalnme
2nd Gear Member

Default Almost there...

That's where she is right now. I'd like to go for perfection, but I'm way to broke for that.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:30 PM
kalli
6th Gear Member

where did you get the cluster from? is it from JME. i was thinking about getting the one with the camera casing finish once i win the lotto
Old 08-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Looking good.

Can I make a suggestion, though? I like the remote oil filter, but it would look better and be less of a PITA if you get one of the filter bases that has threads going into the sides rather than the top, or at least get some 90* pipe fittings. Then you can mount the filter base so that the filter screws in from the bottom rather than the side.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:26 PM
uibalnme
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kalli
where did you get the cluster from? is it from JME. i was thinking about getting the one with the camera casing finish once i win the lotto
It's from Haneline. I bought this cluster years ago when I started this project. There are nicer ones out there now though. Like this one...

http://www.calponycars.com/prodDetail.php?prodId=877

If it came with an engine turned inlay, I'd sell my cluster, and buy that one.

Originally Posted by Starfury
Looking good.

Can I make a suggestion, though? I like the remote oil filter, but it would look better and be less of a PITA if you get one of the filter bases that has threads going into the sides rather than the top, or at least get some 90* pipe fittings. Then you can mount the filter base so that the filter screws in from the bottom rather than the side.
Eh, I'm ok with it like this. I did think about the base you're talking about, and played with the filter position for hour. It's already pretty tight in there, and this is the position that works for me. I've already thought of spilled oil during an oil change. I have a small plastic bin that's just the right size to fit under the filter. I'll just use that when I change the oil.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Jonk67
3rd Gear Member

I'd suggest a fan shroud if you don't have one waiting in the wings, the fan is only going to be 50% efficient at drawing air through the rad. without a shroud which will give it a pressure differential and pull the air through with force. You may need a longer fan spacer also as the fan should be half in/out of the shroud once installed but I'd wait until you get a shroud to measure for that.

The airfilter looks a bit on the tiny side (small diam. and thin ht.) also for flowing enough cfm at higher rpms (hwy or track), just a suggestion.

Looking good overall, wish my dash/cluster/fuses were that cleanly done!
Jon
Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
uibalnme
2nd Gear Member

^yeah, I'm getting new style 3.5" deep fan shroud. The air cleaner's only temporary. Although I'm restricted for diameter due to the HEI dizzy. I may get an 11" K&N with an extreme flow top or maybe a custom ducted intake system. Anyway, I'll worry about those things once the car is road worthy again.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 AM
jrclosson

Default Problem with Haneline Speedometer Connecton

The previous owner of my '67 Coupe installed a Haneline cluster some years ago. It was done very poorly by splicing into existing circuits in the original wiring. I gutted all the wiring and installed an AAW kit throughout the car. I'm ready to install the gauges back in the car but cannot figure out where the four wires on the 9 pin connector on the back of the speedometer go. I cannot find a gauge like it anywhere. Any help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
my66prjct

Do you have sequential tail lights? Is that whay you have two wires into the flasher on the express?