Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Waterless washing

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 AM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

Default Waterless washing

I did a search and found nothing on this product so forgive me if there is actually a thread out there on this.

I feel like an idiot because I am generally very aware of my surroundings and normally this guy would have been flat on his butt before he got so close but...

I was at the gas station yesterday and this guy came up to me with this stuff called FW1. Its an aeresol can that foams when sprayed. Before I knew it he had sprayed it on my car (that hasn't been washed in two weeks and was very dirty). Just as I was coming over there to "handle him" he wiped it off. It looked like brand new. At that point I allowed him to continue to have the ability to walk and talk. lol.

He gave me his schpeal and I took a closer look at car and product. It really seemed to work well.

I wanted to see if anyone here is familiar with this stuff. I bought 2 cans for $20.

This would not replace normal washing/waxing. I would keep it in trunk and use for periodic touch up when I need my car looking its best at a moments notice.

http://www.rgslabs.com/#

Thanks folks
Old 07-29-2009, 11:50 AM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

i got hit with the same stuff at a gas station last week. i was pumping and before i know it, there was some white foam sprayed on the car and he started scrubbing at it. i was driving my girlfriends car, and it is bright yellow, so it was hard to tell whether it swirled or not, but it seemed like it worked pretty well. i dont think i would use it on my car though because im sure it would swirl.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:50 PM
isjoining
3rd Gear Member

got hit by the same scam several years ago, it does introduce swirls. skip. Optimum No Rinse is still the best
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

I guess the swirls are due to teh initial wiping where it is likely grinding the dirt into the paint???
Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Crosschek9

Not a fan of the no-water products. The purpose of the water and soap (car wash soap, specifically) is to lift and suspend the contaminates from the surface of the car. Unless you really, really hate washing your car, I would think to stay anyway.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:01 AM
tx-skydiver
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Crosschek9
Not a fan of the no-water products. The purpose of the water and soap (car wash soap, specifically) is to lift and suspend the contaminates from the surface of the car. Unless you really, really hate washing your car, I would think to stay anyway.
In general, I would wash the traditional way, but I think to keep a can in the trunk for those occasions where you want to touch up is ok.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:02 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

I had one of those kids a few weeks ago walk up to my car at a gas station. Started to give me the speech on how good the stuff cleans etc... I looked him in the eye and said, "PLEASE DON'T SPRAY ANYTHING ON MY CAR!!!" "I do my own car maintenance." He said, "ok," turned around and walked away.