General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2015 4 Banger Stang?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 AM
CTGT2005
1st Gear Member

Not too keen on the idea of a 4 cylinder engine, bet that will be popular with the tuner crowd however.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CTGT2005
Not too keen on the idea of a 4 cylinder engine, bet that will be popular with the tuner crowd however.
And that will mean it's gonna be big wings and euro tails for the noobie civic fans
Old 06-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

They don't need to make a 4 cyl Mustang.
Seriously I have been forced to drive a 4 banger for the last few weeks, that is the worst sounding engine ever. I'll take the sound of a V6 over that ANY day.
A turbo charged V6 would be pretty cool though.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:57 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigblk4spd
Base engine is the ecoboost and the 5.0 will be available. Downside in this wonderfull global economy that the car is being designed and engineered in Brazil. An American Icon with a Brazilian Wax.
It will be a global car with all the Europeon pedestrian impact standards, meaning lots of round curvey lines, no sharp edges on the front end. Oh say bye to the Boss, because the Boss intake manifold won't package under the new standards.

I highly doubt that after all the investment put into the engine(s) that are currently offered in the mustang, they will just drop the 3.7L... I mean, granted its has to be a new generation or whatever for the super spectacular anniversary- but multipe new base engines? After only 3-4 years? Last I heard, ford put an azz load of money into developing the new lineup for the mustangs. And I doubt the payoff will come so soon... IMO.

Just my .02, but I don't even think they sell mustangs in europe yet. So I dunno if the european's safety regs will be on the top of fords to do list?

And I REALLY doubt they will say "bye bye" to the boss, considering the amount of resources put into it. And of course, its short life span thus far. Ford is in the business of making money. They would not develop a brand new car (boss) just to scrap it 2 years later due to "European/Foreign" emissions standards or what ever... If that intake is really breaking any regulations, they would probably just redesign it, and bring it up to snuff. Axe a multi billion dollar car program, or fix a few hundred dollars worth of parts?? Hmm, that's a toughie.

But I may be wrong here, hopefully lostboyz or someone with experience in the auto industry can chime in for us.

Last edited by aaquib1992; 06-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
I highly doubt that after all the investment put into the engine(s) that are currently offered in the mustang, they will just drop the 3.7L.
I don't think they will drop the 3.7; they might just add more engine options. But I don't see the reason. A V6 and V8 are enough. If people want smaller engine, they can get a Focus or something. If anything, why not a limited edition V10 Mustang? Regardless of the economy and whatnot, they would be sold out instantly.

Just my .02, but I don't even think they sell mustangs in europe yet. So I dunno if the european's safety regs will be on the top of fords to do list?
And yes... Mustangs are sold in Europe. My Ford dealer is the number one Shelby dealer in the area and most are due to exports overseas. I believe he said France was big with them. Funny with their hatred of America. I guess they like our cars. If you want I can ask my contact for the specific stats on exports/foreign sales.

Last edited by SilverStallion05; 06-06-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverStallion05
I don't think they will drop the 3.7; they might just add more engine options. But I don't see the reason. A V6 and V8 are enough. If people want smaller engine, they can get a Focus or something. If anything, why not a limited edition V10 Mustang? Regardless of the economy and whatnot, they would be sold out instantly.

And yes... Mustangs are sold in Europe. My Ford dealer is the number one Shelby dealer in the area and most are due to exports overseas. I believe he said France was big with them. Funny with their hatred of America. I guess they like our cars. If you want I can ask my contact for the specific stats on exports/foreign sales.
Oh I did not know that ford catered to overseas sales with the mustang lol. My mistake, but do the cars pass emissions/safety regulations from factory according to overseas rules also? I always thought exporting a car to you country meant you lose the warranty, and have to change stuff to meet certain regulations. Lol I've been on too many skyline forums...

Or does ford manufacture specifc models for overseas sales? Like honda/toyota does?

I always wonder what they're going to top the current body style with, but all the concept images are kind of similar to the S197 IMO. Not the best looking car I guess, but I can't see why ford would want to scrap such a winning formula.

And a v10 would be insane, but that goes into ford GT territory, and they would probably rather revive that, rather than stuff such a heavy engine into a mustang? I dunno, but it would be a sweet idea.

Last edited by aaquib1992; 06-06-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:45 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Oh I did not know that ford catered to overseas sales with the mustang lol. My mistake, but do the cars pass emissions/safety regulations from factory according to overseas rules also? I always thought exporting a car to you country meant you lose the warranty, and have to change stuff to meet certain regulations. Lol I've been on too many skyline forums...

Or does ford manufacture specifc models for overseas sales? Like honda/toyota does?

I always wonder what they're going to top the current body style with, but all the concept images are kind of similar to the S197 IMO. Not the best looking car I guess, but I can't see why ford would want to scrap such a winning formula.

And a v10 would be insane, but that goes into ford GT territory, and they would probably rather revive that, rather than stuff such a heavy engine into a mustang? I dunno, but it would be a sweet idea.
I can ask him. I believe they ship them as is. As for the GT: that's a supercharged 5.4L. The Shelby is already in that "territory". But here are some interesting videos you might enjoy (not relating to this topic but to what we were talking about):

V10 Concept Engine/Mule Mustang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6eSBLY5pIA

More than Capable GT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chUWc...feature=relmfu
Old 06-07-2011, 12:00 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Lol I conveniently forgot all about the shelby. But yeah that GT was pretty jaw dropping! I wouldn't mind a v10, but meh, people would want a newer body style/nameplate to go with it, the exclusivity for some people just won't be enough IMO.

But the idea is actually pretty cool, I would like to see it in something other than those foreign exotics/european lux... The viper made it happen, seeing ford take a shot would be nice too.

Didn't ford have an old v10 that was discontinued or something? I thought it was in some old trucks...
Old 06-15-2011, 10:03 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

I talked to my contact and he said they ship not just Shelbys, but all model Musatngs (and other Fords) to Europe. France and England are the most popular export regions. They are shipped at US specs. He also told me:

"When they arrive there they have to have what is called an SVA Conversion done - this changes the headlights, taillights, and licence plate areas."

He also said they remain left hand drive and it is up to the owner to adjust to it. Hope I was able to help with some new info! To keep it related to this post, he told me that he not not heard of the new possible four bangers. I sent him this new link http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...t.html&h=0effb and I'll see what he says.