Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steel braided fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 11:09 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default Steel braided fuel lines

Where's a good place to get premade steel braided fuel line? All I have found locally is that sleeve crap and I don't want to use that.
Was out hotrodding this afternoon, started smelling fuel...then it got real damn strong....then I noticed a trail. So I pulled over, and the cross over hose between the two fuel rails that runs over the plentium had split down by one of the rail ends. ARGH!!!!!! Gas everywhere.

Don't even give a flip about warranty, or another factory Ford hose. Want to replace it with something that won't break.

By the way, has anyone seen that hose? What a piece of crap! It is not even fuel line like what you would buy from the parts house. It is a piece of PLASTIC with a rubber sleeve over it. Get a grip Ford!
Old 05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Steel braided fuel lines

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Where's a good place to get premade steel braided fuel line? All I have found locally is that sleeve crap and I don't want to use that.
Was out hotrodding this afternoon, started smelling fuel...then it got real damn strong....then I noticed a trail. So I pulled over, and the cross over hose between the two fuel rails that runs over the plentium had split down by one of the rail ends. ARGH!!!!!! Gas everywhere.

Don't even give a flip about warranty, or another factory Ford hose. Want to replace it with something that won't break.

By the way, has anyone seen that hose? What a piece of crap! It is not even fuel line like what you would buy from the parts house. It is a piece of PLASTIC with a rubber sleeve over it. Get a grip Ford!
Most industrial hose companies can make them to order. We get a lot of hydraulic hoses made for the National guard at one of the local shops here in Virginia. Most hose companies have braided lines as well. Ask around at lets say a Catepilar shop. They can either make them or tell you where they get them made at.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Steel braided fuel lines

Hawman...

Also, poke around and find some Custom Auto guys - the ones that build and show Hot Rods... They will definately know where to get that stuff.