Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

help me with some mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 10:05 PM
MackinMike

Default help me with some mod questions

I have seen so many things about diablo sports predator sold with a filter of choice with estimated HP gains and all that junk... What is the best way to go?? buy a CAI from steeda and get the predator with steeda tunes??? or is it better for me to buy a bunch of the upgrades i want at the start and get Diablo sport to custom tune it?? i live in sweden and out octaines are 95-96-98 so it technically has to be custom tuned......
Another question difference performance wise between short and long tube headers?!?! dont know what way to go!!
and what about bassani x pipes and exhaust system?!?! i need help knowing what to do?? will it be street legal with the X pipes and new exhaust system? what about the 02 sensors??? wont that trigger the check engine light ?
Old 06-18-2005, 02:12 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: help me with some mod questions

OK, you'll probably want to get the tuner and an intake combo or, get them separate but at the same time at least. It's a little cheaper to go with a combo and the tune will be specific to that intake. Your octanes are higher than the states which is an advantage because you can advance the timing further.

Generally, long tubes are a little better for performance but shorties are good also. The disadvantage of LT's is that you will have to drop the cross member and you'll have to purchase a new mid pipe unless you want to do some cutting. You mentioned the Bassani setup which has had good reviews from what I've seen here. I have Magnaflow and am very pleased.

The LT's also create a problem as far as being street legal here in the US. I don't think DOT has a problem with them but they won't pass emissions unless you weld some cats in just before your X-over.

Your tuner (Predator, SCT X-cal II) will turn off any O2 sensors you don't want to use but if you get a catted X-pipe you shouldn't have any problems. Just screw them into the bungs.

You'll also want custom tuning as you get more mods, either from a dyno or you could get a custom tune from Diablo Sport for $120.00. Hope this helps.