Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Car still in shop, ECM is bad it seems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

The problems weren't all with the car mechanically. The longest delay was the stripe debacle. That took two weeks combined to get right. The week after that it went in for the blower. The ECM was ba d and ford is replacing it under warranty. Had nothing to do with the roush flash it seems.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

So Wednesday I called the dealer fixing my car again to ask them an unrelated question. they told me my ECM had came in that day. i was all pumped because if they sent it out that day to roush i could have had it back Friday.

I called yesterday and they hadn;t sent the thing out yet. i guess it took them a few days to program it for whatever reason. They were supposed to send it out yesterday so I should have the car back Wednesday or so. Assuming they sent the ECm like they said. If i have to put this thing in the shop one more time and its gone for a week I think I'll lose my mind.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:16 AM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Sometimes I wish I stuck with a normal car that I only cared about it as transportation -- the emotional energy cost has been high since buying my Mustang.

After seeing your thread when you were waiting on the SC install, and now this, I can imagine you have some serious bags under your eyes.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cidsamuth
Sometimes I wish I stuck with a normal car that I only cared about it as transportation -- the emotional energy cost has been high since buying my Mustang.

After seeing your thread when you were waiting on the SC install, and now this, I can imagine you have some serious bags under your eyes.
I'm just glad it's been nothing major. most of the issues i have had were to to crap workmanship on visual mods like the stripes and louvers. The ECM is driving me crazy though lol. I am glad i did the blower, still no regrets and i am sitting here this very minute looking at what mods i will do next. I am very anxious to get the car back. i did finally get to launch the car hard before the gauges went wonky. Oodles of wheel hop but the damn thing pulls like crazy with the 3.73 gears. The ripply pavement certainly didn't help, nor the stock rubber. i am hoping new wheels and rubber will help some, but after that i have suspension plans. i am leaning towards those gun metal shelby redlines with nt05's in 295/35-18 back and 275/40-18 front.

I'm thinking koni yellows, steeda sport sprints, adj panhard, and steeda HD camber caster plates to start with. Once i lowered my 05 wheel hop wasn't an issue any more. That said, i have more than 100 extra HP here and about a 1000 less pounds than that vert. i was really leaning towards that roush kit, but Sam Strano realyl recommends the other setup and he knows his stuff. i understand the yellows on full soft are basically the strt konis lots of you run and they are supposed to be good ride wise. Have any of you ridden in a car with the roush suspension and one with a similar set up to what i mention by chance? I am worried the ride will be trashed, I refuse to have a crap ride liek the tokino blues and eibach sports gave my vert.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I drove a 2010 Roush 427R this past week several times. I was actually impressed with how well it rode. Handled good, rode good and when i really got on it hard it behaved well and took off.