Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2010 Mustang : Made in China?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 04:31 PM
a_stang_thang

Originally Posted by iraziel
I was justbrowsing a ricer forum andsome seem to use that reason, because there car came from a factory in IL didnt make them a ricer. Its by design/ engineering that makes it a ricer/ american muscle.
true but we all know if they start producing them over there then soon the engineering as well. will they come out with something from fast and the furious 3 rice setup in mustang shell.
I would be very disappointed in ford if they do this
I will not by a new mustang if the vins do not start with 1,4, or 5
stop taking the jobs away from Americans
Old 08-24-2008, 05:08 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by my77stang
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is SO goddamn funny
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was hilarious! Clearly they are trying to poison and kill us. They start with the lead paint to dumb down our next generation (by putting lead paint in toys that little ones put in their mouths), then they put lead in the products we make our food with etc, etc.

The Chinese are the type to be patient and take their time with things. They don't just invade and impress with shock and awe. They are silent assassins, and look at the future, rather than worry about the present. Our country is on the opposite spectrum and is all about NOW, and does everything without thinking about the long run.

Watch out for the Chinese! Russia isn't working militarily with them for no reason.

I found it damn hilarious, and people need to get off their lame politically correct high horse! If it was a shot in the dark (as in slam) at a random race just to be a biggot would deserve to get a backlash of political correctness.........but to defend someone that clearly has no regard for others lives deserves no such defense!
Old 08-24-2008, 06:47 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

Also, Ford vehicles that start with a "3" in their VIN are made In Mexico. The Ford Focus is made in Mexico.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:27 AM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

hahahaha, that quote is just too funny
Old 08-25-2008, 08:14 AM
steele901
4th Gear Member

i'm confused, everyones buying foreign cars now such as honda and toyota but if the mustang was made on foreign soil, you would touch one with a ten foot pole. that ever... if its as badass as the last mustang, i'll buy one regardless
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
jc0574

Cylinder walls on Mexican blocks weren't thicker. They were dimensionally the same except for thicker main webs, which makes the block stronger and capable of supporting big horsepower. As for build quality, an assembly line worker is an assembly line worker. As long as the machinery is the same, it doesn't matter if the operator speaks "Engrish" or English. Consider that a vast quantity of the materials and parts in "Domestic" cars are made in Mexico, Japan, China, Taiwan, etc.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:43 PM
a_stang_thang

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
The article did not say they were closing down in the US and moving plants to China, it said they are closing plants in the US to help with their financial turn around, but might add a plant in China to help with the increase in demand for cars IN China. Such as the Mondeo and other sub-compact cars.

For those who don't understand, that means people in China are buying more cars built buy Ford.
if this is what there doing, im ok with it.
i was under the impression they were moving production to china... for america
Old 08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
a_stang_thang

Originally Posted by ripped camel
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That was hilarious! Clearly they are trying to poison and kill us. They start with the lead paint to dumb down our next generation (by putting lead paint in toys that little ones put in their mouths), then they put lead in the products we make our food with etc, etc.

The Chinese are the type to be patient and take their time with things. They don't just invade and impress with shock and awe. They are silent assassins, and look at the future, rather than worry about the present. Our country is on the opposite spectrum and is all about NOW, and does everything without thinking about the long run.

Watch out for the Chinese! Russia isn't working militarily with them for no reason.

I found it damn hilarious, and people need to get off their lame politically correct high horse! If it was a shot in the dark (as in slam) at a random race just to be a biggot would deserve to get a backlash of political correctness.........but to defend someone that clearly has no regard for others lives deserves no such defense!
there is no such thing as politically correct. no matter what you say your bound to offend someone then they'll sue because money makes everything better.....um.. anyway just as stated above get off your dam high horse people
Old 08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
telecaster_6

Its not Fords fault they need to produce overseas, take a step back and research the United States import vs. export laws with china....
Old 09-05-2008, 02:44 PM
crazyassracer
2nd Gear Member

Take it from someone who spent years in the auto industry. A LOT of vehicle engineering is done overseas, China and India mostly. Most of the lead engineers are in the States but anything that can be computer generated (CAD, FEA, CAE) can be done overseas to one degree or another. Seen it first hand. I dont know how much of the Mustang was done overseas, but I do have a shipping container label from a Japanese Die maker that says "2005 FORD MUSTANG, MADE IN JAPAN"