Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
waykooljr
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Default Sherrod Mustang

I saw one of these at the dealership while in for service...

http://www.sherrodmustangs.com/

The salesmen claimed it has 385 hp, from what I saw it's an '08 GT with a Shaker and tune (Superchip), I doubt it makes 385.

The one I saw didn't look lowered and if one was lowered, the side exhaust would probably take a beating but then the air splitter on the exhaust doubles as a skid plate.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005
Send a message via AIM to Boozshey
Default RE: Sherrod Mustang

Don't like thier mustang. But a guy at work has one of thier F150's and it's pretty nice.

But yeah I really doubt 385. Never listen to a salesman.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: Saleen Thinger, Vert, Bike, Magic Pumpkin.

Lets see... it costs 7 grand more than stock, they try to misslead you into thinking it has 500hp, and with only a chip and shaker, they THINK it makes 385hp (try 317). Then the entire advertisement is all about how "fast" it is.

This is DEFINITLY the ricer mentality version of the Mustang. No question.

The sad part is that for the same price you could get this, it's Shelby's short lived tuner crowd mustang:
Click the image to open in full size.

Not only does it have 50 hp more than that car, its 20s are arguably nicer, and it has big brakes and better handeling. Meaning not only does it go from 0-60 quicker, but it corners at a higher speed, and stops faster. lol
Old 06-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #4
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to odiaz Send a message via Yahoo to odiaz

Ha, I like my version better. A Cherod mustang.

My website and mods
http://www.cherod.com/mustang

How to articles:
http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTos.htm
odiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
Caution
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Umm yeah ... I'll pass ... looks like **** in my book[:'(]

Caution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
isbe1

I do not have a Sherrod Mustang but I have a Stinger Edition which is a fully loaded GT Premium with the exterior mods, ostridge leatherinside,and a cold air intake, along with a shaker hood. Next year I well looking into getting the Saleen Supercharger that works with the shaker hood. Not all mustang owners like the look but there is a ton of people that love the look of the car. I have meant so many stang owners and just general people who love the look of it so I guess to each his own I got a great deal on it so buy time I get the saleen supercharger I well barely have 40,000 in the car and have it paid off and well own the car for the rest of my life a mustang any type has always been my dream car and I am just lucky I have one.
isbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 5.0 Mustang

those are truly butt ugly.
Mr.Bape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 AM   #8
isbe1

Mr.Bape
Visit http://www.allamericanstinger.com/web/index.htmland see what my car looks like. I am a true mustang fan and enjoy seeing all the kind of diffrent Mustangs on this forum. What do you find so but ugly about my car. For the price I paid and all the mods I got I am very happy with my Mustang. I agree the Sherrod Mustang is not the car that that site claims it is but that still is a nice looking car. I could have bought a GT Premium for 30,000 with all the extra options like mine then modded the car and saved a 1000 or so but I work way to much to start modding it myself.
isbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:18 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2006, 2008, adds, engine, f150, forum, gt, horsepower, mustang, price, shaker, sharrod, sherrod, superchip, system