Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford sales push ahead of the competition

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
sonicsaleen
1st Gear Member

thats great news, because i wont buy anthing else but a ford. I love the new sho that just came out.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529495,00.html

BOOYA! Sales up again. Unit production to increase.

Knock knockin' doors down!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

**** jdpower, who made them the end all be all on this topic? Or relevant at all?

If the fact that JAGUAR has damn near perfect ratings in quality/durability isnt your first clue that these people have no clue what they're talking about then theres your problem. Jaguar is so god awful in that department I could go on for pages. Its also funny Mercury(Ford's twin brother) got significantly better ratings.

RipTool, you may now wear the dunce cap.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 PM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

Hangwire, learn to let predispositions go. This is 2009, and while, yes, Jaguar has had just about the worst reputation for reliability and fit and finish in the business in the last few decades, it is just not the case anymore. Have you driven the new cars? I have driven literally hundreds of different Jaguars from the last 2 model years (I am a valet), and can tell you that they have really upped their game. Just about the only thing I think might give out over time is the air conditioner vents on the XF. They roll back to hide flush with the rest of the dash when the car is off. I can see the motor wearing out, but it doesn't have to. Car window motors have come a long way, so who knows.
Mercury does not get as aggressively tuned cars as Fords, so the suspension is softer, and the interior materials quality is a (albeit small) notch up along with fit and finish. That is why there is a difference. The Lincoln's have a lot of the same bones, but when you compare the new Taurus with the MKS you still see a difference.
Would you like the dunce cap back? or do you promise to get along and to cease calling names when you haven't fully thought the entirety of the situation through?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sponkey21
Hangwire, learn to let predispositions go. This is 2009, and while, yes, Jaguar has had just about the worst reputation for reliability and fit and finish in the business in the last few decades, it is just not the case anymore. Have you driven the new cars? I have driven literally hundreds of different Jaguars from the last 2 model years (I am a valet), and can tell you that they have really upped their game. Just about the only thing I think might give out over time is the air conditioner vents on the XF. They roll back to hide flush with the rest of the dash when the car is off. I can see the motor wearing out, but it doesn't have to. Car window motors have come a long way, so who knows.
Mercury does not get as aggressively tuned cars as Fords, so the suspension is softer, and the interior materials quality is a (albeit small) notch up along with fit and finish. That is why there is a difference. The Lincoln's have a lot of the same bones, but when you compare the new Taurus with the MKS you still see a difference.
Would you like the dunce cap back? or do you promise to get along and to cease calling names when you haven't fully thought the entirety of the situation through?

OHHHHHHHHHH BOY HE'S GOT ME!!

Wait so the 1 minute or less that you drive those brand new flashy jaguars gives you the whole skinny on their complete overall durability? NIIIIICE TRY. Go find me a brand new Ford and drive it for a minute or two and then point out what SCREAMS that this thing is going in the ****ter in 6 months......pathetic. I'm not old enough to go off of "predispositions" i'm going off of the same exact type of reports I see in other magazines and sites. I cant say I personally know someone dumb enough to buy a new jaguar.

And you got one thing right for sure, I sure do see a difference between that MKS and Taurus, its called the price tag. I'm thinkin that might have something to do with their reliability and quality differences, call me crazy.

Valet........LOL

Last edited by Hangwire; 07-07-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Lets keep to the debate without name calling or putting others down.......subscribed
Old 07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

Guys and gals, I just want to point out that EVERY manufacturer's sales are down since the economy went down. The fact that Ford is starting to recover is a great thing!

On the other note, as a technician, I can honestly tell you that Ford is on the same level of build quality as Honda / Acura. And, in my opinion, it has surpassed Toyota in the last two years.

EVERY manufacturer builds a bad vehicle once in a while. And, almost every vehicle has a problem that should've been avoided. But, what really concerns me are the major problems; not the small ones. For example, in recent years- there was a Mustang that had it's AC stop working (AC compressor relay failed), while on the other end there was a VW Beetle that had it's engine and transmission mounts break and started dragging down the road. To this very day, I have more faith in my 4.6L V8 Ford than a 4.6L V8 Toyota (Lexus).

Last edited by socalwrench; 07-09-2009 at 08:23 PM.