Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Need For Speed, Movie and Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 04:06 AM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

Default Need For Speed, Movie and Mustang!

Well guys, I ended up seeing Need For Speed with my girlfriend. If you were on the fence about seeing it, or thought it was going to be a sham, definitely give it a view. Solid 8/10.

Now onto the Mustang, which looks incredible (my personal favorite mustang ever made.) I'm curious to know a few specs on this car, if anyone is able to find out. I'll probably give Steeda a call tomorrow.

-Type of exhaust and mid-pipe. This beast sounded hardcore, especially with the help of sound editing in the film.

-Where to find the interior lighting accents, as well as the digital dash? I did read that the actual cameras on the mirror wings were plastic... so the dash could have just been a digital effect.

-Where the heck to find the fog lights and the decklid? Note that the decklid actually has illumination behind the pony which I thought was sweet.

-Company that installs the electronic hood release? Always handy to be ready to show off your goodies under that hood.

Thanks guys! I'll get back to this if I find anything out tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:12 PM
CarKing

Someone told me not to bother watching it, but I will now that you've recommended, thank you!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:17 PM
iMuf
1st Gear Member

I saw it as well. The sound was by far the best part of the movie. Some of the best sound I have heard from any car movie. Cars sounded like they should have. The Mustang also had one heck of an attitude. It was kind of cool that they made the cars feel like stars in the movie without being over done. I recommend the movie as well.

As far as exhaust goes I know it was magnaflow, I'm just not sure what exhaust it was

As far as the other things I'm not really sure. I have been looking as well for some of that stuff. The fog lights looked sick as well as the side window louvers. I think the Digital display was an effect. I have never seen a HUD like that
Old 03-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Vivid Racing
Former Sponsor

I went and saw a pre screening of the movie last Tuesday, and i thought it was a pretty solid movie. I honestly thought that they were just going to try to be like Fast and Furious, but that's not where they went with it at all. If any of you have actually ever played the video game, need for speed, they actually used a lot of things that were in the game. I did kinda think that during the races, I was watching a movie of someone with a Go Pro on mounted to their head lol.