Make: Ford
Model: Mustang Cobra
Price: $14000
Mileage: 108000
Color: Redfire
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State/Prov): IN

SOLD

No trades please, unless you have a White Lincoln Aviator or White TBSS AWD with Leather

Car has right at 108k on it right now, will probably go up a little here and there. Has original motor in it and runs wonderful.

For full disclosure the car did have a 2.3 whipple on it from 87k-105k at 15lbs of boost (552 rwhp) was stock up until this point. I drove the car during all but 2k of those and have done mostly highway and one trip down the strip and tried a second and broke a halfshaft. So it has a new halfshaft with ~5k on it. My girlfriend and I used it for longer trips because it is the most reliable car we have.

Prior owner before me told me he had the car from around 30k miles and was military and drove up and down the east coast to work on helicopters and that was how the miles went up. He did have military stickers on the windshield to verify his military status.

The reason for me selling is because I work too much to even enjoy the car and I need an SUV to haul my Great Dane in, she's getting too big for my Lincoln LS and is only 6 months old - 87lbs as of 8-29!

The car does have door damage on the driver's door from when someone tried to break in, not sure how they got it to bend like that but it happened. I also got keyed at some point on the same door. I've kept touch up paint on it so no rust. I also think it needs a new shift fork-there is a little rattle and that is the only thing I can think of after torquing all the bellhousing/trans bolts.

There have been no accidents that I know of but I will pm the vin for anyone that asks. Has some minor spots on the front bumper from rock chips and the chin spoiler is a fairly scuffed if you look at it from underneath but looks okay from normal viewing. But the paint overall is great for the mileage.

So over the winter I pulled off the whipple, 60's, LT's, and got a 15k mile eaton that I painted with black and redfire on the fins and did a mild self-port too because I planned on keeping the car and enjoying it, but just don't have the time. I also cut the springs and just got it aligned and the brand new wheel set-up not even 1k miles ago. Replaced the alternator a few months ago as well. Fenders are also rolled

The car has a SCT canned tune installed now, haven't had the time to take it to the dyno for a proper tune so I have the fuel pump via the kb bap turned up to keep enough fuel going so it doesn't lean out. Even with just a canned tune the car feels very strong, very little seat of the pants difference from the whipple.

I try do my best to describe the car but feel free to ask any questions.

Mod List:
Self-Ported and painted eaton blower with UPR 2.8" pulley on a easy change hub-also fresh oil change for the blower
Motoblue idler-zero belt slip
Stock idlers off 20k mile car
K&N FIPK CAI-could use a new filter
Kenne Bell BAP
Stock injectors
Borla Stinger catback, polished tail pipes
Liberty 26 spline input shaft,
LDC clutch pedal freeplay kit
Fiore firewall clutch adjuster
Steeda quick release clutch quadrant
D'Agostino Racing egr delete kit
Fluidyne heat exchanger
Stainless chrome Cobra bumper inserts
Diablo Sport Mafia included, not on the car at the moment.
Full length subframe connectors welded in, unsure of brand of these
Lowered on cut stock springs (3/4 coil cut)
SCT xCal3
Moroso 3" rear studs
3/8" rear wheel spacer
Black Billetflow IRS brace
Low profile IRS bolt

There is probably more but I don't recall at the moment.

2 wheel options - I won't sell either set of wheels until the car is gone so please don't ask.

$14,000 with stock chrome wheels (17") which will come with 2 brand new tires (275/40/17 tires all 4 corners)

$15,200
with 18" 10th Anniversary wheels (285/30/18 fronts, and 335/30/18, all BFG KDWII's)
These wheels are tires have ~1k miles on them if that, drivers' side rear tire was cut a little before rolling fenders. Wheels are flawless though

You can get ahold of me through pm,
schraderbd@hotmail.com (put "04 Redfire" in subject line so I don't instantly delete it)
or over the phone (260) six-one-zero 1127-please if you are going to call or text do it before 10:30pm as I take call most nights after this time and text messages are how I get my work(Scares me when the phone goes off after this b/c it is usually work)

I am also located in Columbia City, IN and would have no problem picking someone up from any of the area airports

ONTO THE PICS!!

Port job on blower

Little bit of wear on the driver's side seat suede

Door Damage

This image again to show the actual size of the door damage

With the stock wheels before lowering, stock chrome wheels are in great condition for having 107k of the cars' miles on them. No rash whatsoever and only a very little bit of scratches that are barely noticeable unless right next to them

Last edited by black_on_black; 09-22-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:46 PM
black_on_black
1st Gear Member

I would really like to sell the car to someone private sale but may have found an suv that I will look at next week. I looked up the kbb and for my area the car is worth trade-in what I'm asking

I would much rather see the car go to someone through me rather than trading in to the dealer so if you are interested please let me know asap
Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 PM
black_on_black
1st Gear Member

Price drop. Deal is giving me right at $14k if the suv I'm looking at doesn't sell before I can have my mechanic look at it this weekend
Old 09-08-2012, 12:25 PM
black_on_black
1st Gear Member

Well the car is 99% going to get traded in, I've got everything lined up to trade-in on Monday after an inspection by my mechanic. I might have a few misc. parts to sell after trade-in but will post those in the appropriate section.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:18 PM
black_on_black
1st Gear Member

Well that fell through, they sold the truck on Saturday so no dog hauler for me yet.

Car is still for sale and am keeping the price the same
Old 09-18-2012, 10:45 PM
black_on_black
1st Gear Member

Still available