New Member Area Are you new to Mustang Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New 5.0 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:44 PM
5.0Litch

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Welcome to the MustangForums. That's a great looking Fox, I bet she rips with that motor in there!

Best of luck with your new project, feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

Thanks man! I really appreciate that, and she rips to say the least, the torque is unreal. I will be doing some work, mostly body work, I mean, that engine is pretty well set up, I do need some exhaust, its just sitting on the headers so it is insane loud, I am thinking about just taking it into a muffler shop and having some 3 inch piping mandrel bent and wielded up. What do you think? Is that going to be enough flow rate with the supercharger on the front end?

-Dan
Originally Posted by TheStigSC
Welcome to MF! Nice Fox. Don't lose your faith in gearheads. I too almost lost all faith, but I've learned to just keep to myself. Most of my close gear head friends can barely get an opinion out of me for the sake of sparing myself the stupidity that I expect to hear. But hey, I came from the import scene as well so you know what I'm talking about, I'm sure

Ha truth. True gearheads don't worry about stickerbombing their car, or attempting to make the car as low and slow as possible, and putting the worst camber on their car possible. So I have never lost faith in proper gearheads, its the people who bastardize their cars and make them something different. And yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. Hoping that I am going to have a good experience with my fox.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:08 PM
McLovin

Originally Posted by 5.0Litch
Hi,

the first thing I noticed is that some genius put the steering wheel on upside down... so that is gonna need to get switched to right-side up.

LOL Awesome!

You'll learn to love your fox more and more. Can't wait to see what you to do with the beast!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
5.0Litch

Thanks everyone for the welcome, so since this is my thread, I feel like I can hijack it and take it to where I want it to go, which is:

Maintenance!

So all the typical crap aside (check radiator/oil/power steering fluids) What is the biggest maintenance issue that these engines can have? I have never owned a supercharged car, so I am assuming that there is going to be slightly more wear and tear on the belts, and or pullies. And lets also see about carb and carb cleaners... I know it must be cleaned, and I know that it can be adjusted, but I have never owned a carburated engine, always efi, and I always ended up paying stupid amounts of money for either piggy-backs or re-programed motherboards, and dyno tuning... I am guessing that this is not the case here... So yeah, any help or advice in those two areas would be awesome, since car maintenance > car modding.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Welcome to MF!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Idoktr

Welcome fellow newbie !
Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Welcome!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:55 PM