Pipes, Boost & Juice Talk about Exhaust, Nitrous, Blowers, Turbos, Superchargers... whatever makes you go faster!

so confused about wet nitrous kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Cobrastang1996

Default so confused about wet nitrous kit?

okay iwant to get a nitrous express proton wet kit will a 75 shot work with my factory efi without hurting anything like i dont have to upgrade anything to run a 75 shot on my stock 96 cobra, because some kits say efit wet system, but this one does not so does that mean it will not work without upgrading something? im so confused and really wan tto buy this kit but i want to know if it will work and be able to handle a 75 shot stock.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

wet means that nitrous+fuel is injected.
dry means that nitrous only is injected.

but its not really that easy........

there are multiple types of wet kits, 2 of them inject before the intake and can cause explosions, 2 of them dont because they inject after the intake

a wet nozzle, or wet tb plate (not to be confused with a real plate kit) squirt through the tb and will cause the fuel to puddle. whether or not it ignites is the question. usually it wont. but .... "usually" is not good enuff for me

a real plate kit sandwiches between the upper and lower intake and squirts the mix almost right into the combustion chamber. much much safer than the 2 other wet kits, but also pretty pricey

the ultimate wet kit is a direct port kit, 8 nozzles that squirt right into the combustion chamber, where the mix needs to be. if you blow up with a DP kit... you had some serious problems, you can squirt big HP, but expect a pretty big price tag to go with it

maybe that helps.....

dry kits boost fuel via vac, as the juice flows...the vac causes the fuel to spike. ive seen my FP spike to 80 psi before. thats where it gets the extra fuel from , and that extra fuel is squirted...yup... where it needs to be

not through the rough casted intake to puddle up and backfire.