Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Anti-Dive Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blair
Those looking to drag race probably wouldn't be interested in these because of the anti-squat.
I think anti-squat & anti dive are mostly affected by the wheels applying the force. So in acceleration, the rear wheels are applying the force, so these wouldn't change much. on braking, all four wheels (& mostly the fronts) are applying force, and these would have an effect.

I'm guessing that this bit effectively raises the bushing a bit to change anti-dive. Similar to how raising or lowering the ends of the rear control arm change the squat.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:45 PM
SlideWRX
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FauxShelby

At the rear of the control arm, unbolt the bushing mount from the frame and the entire control arm can be removed.

The Anti-Dive urethane bushing is installed and the control arm, along with the rack and pinion unit, steering U-joint and spindle are bolted back into position.
Actually, I think maybe these lower the bushing a bit... hard to tell.

If they change the geometry in addition to being a stiffer bushing, then they might be worth more, but my steeda inserts (the softer red ones) have been great; significantly better turn in feel. Without a geometry change, these are a hard sell at that price.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Sniper308
2nd Gear Member

I read the article in the current online issue of "Mustang Enthusiast." I've seen tidbits written about this anti-dive kit before but I wasn't then, and am not now, convinced I'd see much improvement in handling versus how things are now with my Mustang. I'd certainly be willing to give these items a try but not at the price being asked ($308.34 is the cheapest I can find). Beyond the cost of the hardware, the guy who does my work for me gets a pretty fair wage per hour and, I imagine, it would take a few hours or so to do this kind of surgery the right way. I think Whiteline needs to seriously find a way to market these things for around $115 or so... and that's without sacrificing whatever quality is inherent with these units.

Russ
Old 08-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Skarkull
1st Gear Member

Any word on a change in price? I am currently located in Germany, and I have been logging many miles/hours carving some serious roads. My breaking on my car is really sucking, so I am looking at changing some items. But if the steedas are available at a price that much lower, am I really getting my money worth out of the white line?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Blair
2nd Gear Member

I agree, if they were more reasonably priced I'd get some as well. But Whiteline is an Australian company so the high price is probably more a function of the bad exchange rates, the cost of shipping the parts half way around the world, and the lack of dealers in the US.

Blair
Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Kobie
2nd Gear Member

Those look like they would give my long tube headers more clearance where I need it.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sniper308
I read the article in the current online issue of "Mustang Enthusiast." I've seen tidbits written about this anti-dive kit before but I wasn't then, and am not now, convinced I'd see much improvement in handling versus how things are now with my Mustang. I'd certainly be willing to give these items a try but not at the price being asked ($308.34 is the cheapest I can find). Beyond the cost of the hardware, the guy who does my work for me gets a pretty fair wage per hour and, I imagine, it would take a few hours or so to do this kind of surgery the right way. I think Whiteline needs to seriously find a way to market these things for around $115 or so... and that's without sacrificing whatever quality is inherent with these units.

Russ
What Russ said.

At $115, I'd be all over those parts.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Alexander Bieger

Hi Guys, I have a question to all that anti dive kits. My mustang came back from the mecanic with the notice that the lower control arms have to be replaced as those are worn (after 48 Tkm). So I bought those from Ford Racing. And now while replacing it I thought that I could insert a whiteline anti dive kit.
Is that recommendable or better asked, does it really make a difference upgrandig the ford racing bushings??
Old 09-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Red_Devil
Official Sponsor For Whiteline USA

It should make a noticeable difference for you, you can ask 908sp as he has done r the upgrade already and has great things to say about it. I would also recommend that if your car is lowered you should check out our Roll Center kit for it as well.