Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Lowering springs for 2012 V6?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Unclenard
1st Gear Member

Default Lowering springs for 2012 V6?

Just got my Mustang last month and I have been researching lowering springs. There is a thread here with great info for GT springs that shows how much they will lower and what the spring rates are. I would love to see something like that for V6s.
I'd like to lower it about 1" in the front and 1.25" or so in the back to level it out and get rid of the 4x4 look. Any suggestions on springs for this without having a really stiff ride?
Old 11-26-2011, 03:51 AM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

The Eibach Pro Kit is popular. It's about what you are looking for. Search my posts and you should find my thoughts on the subject, with pics of my car. I used the Eibach Sportline kit and went a bit lower. I ultimately raised the rear back up a half inch. Love it now. I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 PM
elperucho

do you need an alignment after you lower the car? i lowered it with the sportline eibach and i havent had my alignment yet

Originally Posted by scottybaccus
The Eibach Pro Kit is popular. It's about what you are looking for. Search my posts and you should find my thoughts on the subject, with pics of my car. I used the Eibach Sportline kit and went a bit lower. I ultimately raised the rear back up a half inch. Love it now. I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Whiskey11
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by elperucho
do you need an alignment after you lower the car? i lowered it with the sportline eibach and i havent had my alignment yet
The depends entirely upon the drop. The fronts will have more negative camber and probably a corresponding toe change (someone correct me on the toe change part). On mild drops 1-1.5º of negative camber is pretty standard but it may be more. If you plan on daily driving and no spirited driving, you may want get that number back around -1º camber and either zero toe or back to factory toe specs to save the front tires. Really though, rotating the tires at every oil change and driving style changes (in the direction of safe but spirited) can minimize tire wear.

I would really be more worried about the 2 inch drop in the rear causing the rear axle to step out to the driver side and the corresponding added load to your shocks and struts.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:23 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Our UPR Pro Series lowering springs are manufactured by Eibach and they spec out the same as Eibach's Pro Kit springs. On GTs, they leave the nose lower than the rear of the car. I'm running them on my S197 (they handle very well) and the rake doesn't really bother me, but I've seen some people remove the rear spring isolators with the Eibach springs to give it a more visibly level stance.

That said, I think our springs look GREAT on the V6s, because the V6 casr are a little lighter on the nose.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-05.html