Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
SteedaBrandon
Premium Sponsor

Vehicle: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercloud View Post
Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that the main reason I would like to lower it is for the look, I just got the car, about 6 weeks ago, and at the moment don't plan to do anything more than just drive it but I guess I could possibly do some road course type stuff at some point. This is my first Mustang, not my first muscle car though. Just wondering what you guys with more experience with these cars recommend is all.
How much of a drop are you looking for?

Our sport springs offer great ride quality (the best of any on the market) and improved handling, while dropping it approximately 1" in the front and 1 1/4" in the rear.

Our ultralite springs offer good ride quality and improved handling, while dropping it approximately 1 1/4" in the front and 1 1/2" in the rear.

For your purposes, I would recommend the sports, but if you are looking for more of a drop, then ultralites would suit you as well.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
SteedaBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197 650 View Post
By "spec out", do you mean they feature the same spring rates as the Eibach Pro Kit springs (159 lb / 193 lb)?
I explained it in the other spring thread where you and I were talking, but for the purpose of this thread, I'll mention that our springs are Pro Kit springs painted silver and labeled "UPR by Eibach". That's what I meant by they spec out the same. Same length, height, rate, shape, etc. Just a different color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercloud View Post
Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that the main reason I would like to lower it is for the look, I just got the car, about 6 weeks ago, and at the moment don't plan to do anything more than just drive it but I guess I could possibly do some road course type stuff at some point. This is my first Mustang, not my first muscle car though. Just wondering what you guys with more experience with these cars recommend is all.
Same purpose as my car. I'm running the UPR springs and I enjoy them quite a bit.

First stage of UPR Products Suspension by sharadraldiris, on Flickr

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
stang8psi
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197 650 View Post
FYI, AmericanMuscle states that you can't directly bolt these on to a '11-'12 without different strut mounts / dampers.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/fr-2005-k-springs.html

This was a deal breaker for me, the 1.5"/1.5" drop looks nice.
Not true!!! they will work with stock struts/shocks... although you will get a better ride with aftermarket dampers.. But again they can be used with the stock equipment !
Old 04-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
S197 650
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang8psi View Post
Not true!!! they will work with stock struts/shocks... although you will get a better ride with aftermarket dampers.. But again they can be used with the stock equipment !
Really?? I might need to reconsider then. How do they ride?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #15
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT
jeffb1230
Send a message via AIM to iceguyb14

im running the eibach pro kit and i love them. just installed them a couple days ago and the ride is still pretty good on the stock shocks and it looks so much better than before.
iceguyb14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2007, 2012, 427r, bmr, eibach, ford, kit, lowering, mustang, pro, quality, racing, rate, rates, ride, roush, s197, spring, springs