Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Newatthis
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT Kona Blue
Default Lowered on Steeda suspension 2012 GT

Hi,

Had my car lowered an all Steeda setup:

Steeda Pro-Action dampers
Steeda Sports springs
Steeda adjustable panhard bar
Steed HD strut mounts/plates

Thanks to Pat at Steeda.ca for putting a good priced package together and Brandon at Steeda for answering my questions. Until now, the car always seemed floaty, unplanted, with much body roll and dive, and specially with lower profile tires, had too much wheel gap. I wanted to improve the feel and handling of the car, while improving the looks as well, and this setup definitely delivered. There's more road feel and feedback, which i prefer. The ride is tighter, flatter, with a somewhat heavier feel to the steering. Ride comfort is excellent despite feeling the road more. The fact that the wife did not comment or could feel difference in the ride quality after lowering, was the true test! It feels like a completely different car and it's something i should have done sooner.

Before lowering, the front ride height was 28.6" high measured from the driver's side, ground to edge of wheel gap over the center of wheel. After lowering, it now measures 28". The rear driver's side was 29", and now measures 28". So the half inch in the front and one inch in the back makes a huge difference. The adjustable panhard bar centered the rear axle whereas stock, the rear driver's side stuck out further.

All the Steeda parts came well packaged, and made in USA. The local shop that did the install had no issues working with em, and commented that the strut mounts were great to work with and very high quality.

The wheels are 2010 GT500 ones, 9.5" width, tires are Nitto Invo's, 255/40/19 fronts, and 285/35/19 rears.

I have to take the car back for another alignment check in a few weeks after the springs settle as part of the install work.

here's the before and after pics....I'm very happy with the looks and ride of this car as it's a big overall improvement in looks and feel.

Before:

Click the image to open in full size.

After:

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Ford Racing Boss Quad side exhausts
DG Custom tail light bezels
AM rear black out panel
Tinted tails, sides
Dynomite Dash piano black console kit
Silver skeleton on kona blue pony emblem
Hoen yellow fog light bulbs
GT500 rear mud flaps
2010 GT500 19" wheels, Nitto Invo tires, F255 R285
All Steeda: Sports Springs, Pro-Action dampers, Adj panhard bar, HD strut mounts/plates
Front/rear sway bars, lower/upper control arms

Last edited by Newatthis; 05-20-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Newatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang V6

Love to see some pics....
CaptainRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
SteedaBrandon
Premium Sponsor

Vehicle: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newatthis View Post
Hi,

Had my car lowered an all Steeda setup:

Steeda Pro-Action dampers
Steeda Sports springs
Steeda adjustable panhard bar
Steed HD strut mounts/plates

Thanks to Pat at Steeda.ca for putting a good priced package together and Brandon at Steeda for answering my questions. Until now, the car always seemed floaty, unplanted, with much body roll and dive, and specially with lower profile tires, had too much wheel gap. I wanted to improve the feel and handling of the car, while improving the looks as well, and this setup definitely delivered. There's more road feel and feedback, which i prefer. The ride is tighter, flatter, with a somewhat heavier feel to the steering. Ride comfort is excellent despite feeling the road more. The fact that the wife did not comment or could feel difference in the ride quality after lowering, was the true test! It feels like a completely different car and it's something i should have done sooner.

Before lowering, the front ride height was 28.6" high measured from the driver's side, ground to edge of wheel gap over the center of wheel. After lowering, it now measures 28". The rear driver's side was 29", and now measures 28". So the half inch in the front and one inch in the back makes a huge difference. The adjustable panhard bar centered the rear axle whereas stock, the rear driver's side stuck out further.

All the Steeda parts came well packaged, and made in USA. The local shop that did the install had no issues working with em, and commented that the strut mounts were great to work with and very high quality.

The wheels are 2010 GT500 ones, 9.5" width, tires are Nitto Invo's, 255/40/19 fronts, and 285/35/19 rears.

I have to take the car back for another alignment check in a few weeks after the springs settle as part of the install work.

here's the before and after pics....I'm very happy with the looks and ride of this car as it's a big overall improvement in looks and feel.

Thanks
Sam, glad to hear that you are satisfied.

BTW, your ride looks great!

Last edited by SteedaBrandon; 05-21-2012 at 12:22 PM.
SteedaBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
tj@steeda
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang

Very nice!!

Glad you are happy.

TJ
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
mustbbrent

Vehicle: 2012 FORD Mustang GT Brembo

Looks fantastic. Did you happen to measure the passenger side as well? I just did the same springs with koni yellows and 3 corners are 28" high on the mong but the front driver's side is 28-1/4" no matter what I do. The springs have only been on for a few days, and you can't really tell just looking, but it does create a reverse rake. Anyone else have this issue? Did you leave it or do something about it?
mustbbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

Looks good. I'm sure it handles way better than stock!

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Josh Baker JoshuaDBaker xxPanduh

Hell yea man! I love my Steeda Sports! Looks good.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - Ordered
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:26 AM   #8
audioAl
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Candy 3.7

Lowering with brackets & wider, shorter tires really help handling. Enjoy the twisty's!
adj. panhard bar,BMR lca's, Whiteline brackets,Stack Racing rear springs,18x9" Razor rims/245/45/18's GT Radials/ Tuned by Motorvationefi
2014 DIB 3.7 Airaid tube, Yokohama S-drive 275/40/18 on Shelby razors/
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #9
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS

Looks good enjoy!
GT/CS Auto – Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, AM, American Racing Headers, Anzo, ATI, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR, Canton, Cervini's, CPC, Circle D Specialties, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, JLT Perf, Fore, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, M&H, Meziere, Moroso, MT, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Royal Purple, Russell, SCT, SHR, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, TSS, UPR, & Vortech. View Garage for mods.
Scott2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
safetyfastgt
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT Convertible

Looks great. Same setup I have but I have Koni shocks.
safetyfastgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 50, bar, dampers, gt, lower, lowered, lowering, mustang, mustange, panhard, proaction, s197, sports, springs, steeda