Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > S197 Handling Section
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
JML2010Stang

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Premium Auto
Default Lowering 2012 5.0 an inch on stock springs & struts? Eibach Pro-Kit Springs?

I already looked through the forums for an answer to this, and the answer seems to be NO, you cant lower it correctly without adding a new suspension! But since I am stubborn as hell, I am going to ask anyway. I have 2012 5.0 Premium, with ford 5 post polished silver 19" wheels and 1500 miles on the odo. I want to lower the car about an inch to give a more aggressive stance (without bottoming out or scraping every speed bump I come near). I dont mind a slightly stiffer ride, but I dont want to destroy the ride quality. I dont mind spending $200-$350 to achieve this, but I dont want to drop $600-$2000 on a full handling package to drop an inch (yes I know that there are other benefits, but I feel that my car handles well enough). The Ford racing P springs were made for the 2005-2009 mustangs, so I am not buying strut mounts and dampers from older vehicles to make a part that wasnt made for my vehicle work. The Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 35125.140, seem like a good bet, but I dont know if it will destroy the stock suspension in a few years, without replacing many of the stock suspension components. I also dont know if it will kill my ride quality. What do you guys think?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
JML2010Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Kona5.0

Vehicle: 2011, Mustang GT

I have Eibach Pro-Kit progressive springs on my 2011 5.0 and the ride quality is the same. I was very impressed that I couldn't feel any change.
Kona5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
JML2010Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona5.0 View Post
I have Eibach Pro-Kit progressive springs on my 2011 5.0 and the ride quality is the same. I was very impressed that I couldn't feel any change.
How long have you had them installed? Did you notice a difference in appearance? And is every other component in your suspension stock? Which model number is this kit?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Kona5.0

The kit that was installed was # 35125.140, This dropped the front 1" and the rear 1.5" to leavel out the car. All the other componets are stock. It ran me $500 installed this included 4 wheel alignment.
The apperance is noticable, and looks good.
This has been on my car 4 months
Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
JML2010Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona5.0 View Post
The kit that was installed was # 35125.140, This dropped the front 1" and the rear 1.5" to leavel out the car. All the other componets are stock. It ran me $500 installed this included 4 wheel alignment.
The apperance is noticable, and looks good.
This has been on my car 4 months
No crazy bounciness?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Kona5.0

No ride is great, very happy with my choice.
I lowered my 2006 GT big difference, very stiff ride, but used Drop Zone springs.
Lowered my 2003 Cobra with Eibach sport kit, road a little stiffer but not bad.
Not one complaint about my 2011.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 50, jml2010stang, lowered, mustang