Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

Are Maximum Motorsports suspension kits too harsh?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 06:21 PM
mungodrums
1st Gear Member

Wink Are Maximum Motorsports suspension kits too harsh?

A buddy of mine has a 2008 GT. He is looking at a track pack kit by Maximum Motorsports. It cost little over $2000.00. Springs drop car 1.8-1.9 inches, almost two inches. Sounds like a bit much. His car is like mine, mostly daily driver with some track time. I told me that sure car will handle awesome on track / road course but may be a bit too harsh, rough for daily driving. Did I give him good advice? Yeah I see webpage says something along the lines that it is a good compromise. Maximum Motorsports sounds like a great company. Ger.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:10 AM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Here's the setup I ran on my 2006 GT.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...g-package.html

It handled well, and the ride quality was decent.

One thing I've learned from this job is that ride quality is relative. Two different people could drive the same car and one would say it rides like a cadillac and the other might say it rides like a dump truck. It's totally subjective.

I think my setup had a reasonable ride quality, but I can't compare it to Maximum Motorsports because I haven't driven on the Bilsteins, but I'd imagine they're pretty comparable. If anything, the UPR setup probably has a better ride quality because that Bilstein/H&R set up is pretty low, and presumably stiff for track work.

But the best way to know for sure is to ride in a car with the setups you're consider, before you actually buy. I'm in south Florida, otherwise I'd take you for a spin in my car.