Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Shelby CS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby CS6

Sorry I didn't see the last posting until today.

Here is a clip (video with sound)from inside the car under boost. The builder was testing it on his track.

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...1-07-07278.flv

Last edited by Paleoc; 02-21-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 AM
shadychaos

Default times

Any idea what the CS6 can do for track times?

I've been considering it for a while but I'm wondering if it would be worth it. (I have a 2007 V6)

I'm from Canada and getting the CS6 stage two would probably be 17 thousand plus labor.

Any ideas on how it would compare to some of the SVT cobras of the past (2004)? and even the mustang GT's of the same year?

I think one of the attractions to the CS6 package would be the rarity of the whole thing. But is it worth the 20k plus that i would be investing.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shadychaos
Any idea what the CS6 can do for track times?

I've been considering it for a while but I'm wondering if it would be worth it. (I have a 2007 V6)

I'm from Canada and getting the CS6 stage two would probably be 17 thousand plus labor.

Any ideas on how it would compare to some of the SVT cobras of the past (2004)? and even the mustang GT's of the same year?

I think one of the attractions to the CS6 package would be the rarity of the whole thing. But is it worth the 20k plus that i would be investing.
When you say track, it depends what you mean. A stage-2 on the dragstrip would probably run mid-13's as hp is slightly more than a stock GT (285rwhp vs 275rwhp). The suspension is not optimized for the strip but is optimized for handling/cornering. I have had mine pullied and added a much larger intercooler (325rwhp) so I should run around 13. The one time I tried to run on the strip I destroyed my stock clutch (I now have a SPEC 3+ clutch) by putting over 100+ more hp through it than it was designed for. I have followed a couple 2003 SVT stock cobras before it was pullied. They could pull away from me. Now pullied, I find I can keep up with them for a while (stock) although I am sure once I hit the higher gears (3rd and 4th) they would pull away again. I have also followed stock GT500's and again in acceleration they slowly pull away from me. In handling, I can drive circles around a stock Cobra or a GT500.

Is the worth the investment? When I started this project (2006), it was this or the GT500 with a huge dealer ADM. Had I waited a couple of years, I could have got a GT500 for less or a Shelby GT, but this is a less common car and stands out more at car shows. I am happy with the car and mine was one of the first 2 privately owned (non-Shelby owned, non-prototype) ones. 1st or 2nd depending on exactly when the black car was finished. I didn't do the car as an investment so it was worth it to me but may not be worth it to you.

A couple of options:

I suggest checking out the Terlingua as it is cheaper package with very similar performance.

or

Get the cheaper turn-1 CS-6 kit and add your own supercharger and 8.8 rear end.

As you are in Canada you may want to talk to Sean Hyland Motors which is Canada's authorized Shelby dealer http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM
shadychaos

very cool!

I'm suppose I'm not really thinking of it as an investment because I'd probably keep the car for a while. I'm not even sure if I'll do so while the vehicle is in warranty.

Thanks for the Canadian Shelby Link!

I had no idea it even existed, figured I'd have to go to Vegas to get it done.

I really like the style of the CS6 compared to the Terilguna (spelling indefinitely wrong). Also I guess I'm not really looking to race it (as far as I know), just something to rip around during the summer. The track times were just something I couldn't find anywhere.

The CS6 probably sounds pretty decent. How does it sound compared to the GT500?

Also does the gas mileage take a huge hit with the paxton supercharger? This isn't a huge deal and I assume putting premium gas in it alone would make it more expensive, but does it change it drastically?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by Paleoc
Had I waited a couple of years, I could have got a GT500 for less or a Shelby GT, but this is a less common car and stands out more at car shows. I am happy with the car and mine was one of the first 2 privately owned (non-Shelby owned, non-prototype) ones.
I can back up that claim. Last year when I had my PP coupe, I parked next to his CS6 at a show and you would have thought my car was invisible!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shadychaos

I really like the style of the CS6 compared to the Terilguna (spelling indefinitely wrong). Also I guess I'm not really looking to race it (as far as I know), just something to rip around during the summer. The track times were just something I couldn't find anywhere.
Actually, the CS-6 has more radical/track suspension than the Terlingua. The Terlingua has a FRPP suspension (relabled Eibach Proline suspension) and the CS-6 has the the Eibach Sportline suspension. The Proline/FRPP lowers the car 1-1.5 inches. The Sportline lowers the car 2 inches and is stiffer. The drawback with the Terlingua is the side exhaust which is a ground clearance issue. The CS-6 has the extra lowering as a clearance issue. If I was going to get a CS-6 kit and make a street car, I would ask for the FRPP/Proline suspension as it much more streetable (same as on the Shelby GT's) especially on less than perfect roads.

The CS6 probably sounds pretty decent. How does it sound compared to the GT500?
Stock GT500s are surprisingly quiet. I have not heard a KR but they are supposedly quite a bit louder.

Also does the gas mileage take a huge hit with the paxton supercharger? This isn't a huge deal and I assume putting premium gas in it alone would make it more expensive, but does it change it drastically?
I get 24 mpg on the highway, 17 in town (according to the car computer).
Old 02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
shadychaos

Default video

I just checked out the video of your car on the track. That thing sounds great!

I've heard both the GT500 and the KR.

The GT500 has a pretty decent sound to it when you rev it up but I do like the sound of the CS6 A LOT.

The KR sounds unbelievable though

I work at a dealership and we just got a few of them in (KR's that is). They're really nice, but really expensive for what they are.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Paleoc
Aka those Chrome razors look sharp!

The Paxton is almost exactly the sameas the Vortech HO with some differences in the head unit which is probably relatively minor.
About half of the mod list was part of the Shelby CS6 Turn-2 Kit. The $13k (price has gone down and now includes more decorative parts) does not include paint and labor.
Shelby is also making the Terlingua. Which if you take to one of their certified shops (Las Vegas, Massachusetts, Texas, Oklahoma and soon Florida) to have the conversion done comes as an actual numbered andRegistered Shelby car. The Paxton on it gets pulleyed for more HP, it has an actual extraction hood, slightly better brakes and some of the remaining same or very similar parts. It has a wilder paint scheme which may or may not appeal to you. It will also probably take some time to get the conversion done as Shelby has a habit of releasing/showing prototypes before the conversion parts are widely available.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...howtopic=12391
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/terli..._articleid/204

Or you can do the mods yourself and build the car tohow you want it to look. A lot of people haveinstalled the CS6 front fascia and little or nothing else.The parts are available separately.
Between the superchargers, X-charger, procharger and Vortech/Paxton, it seems to be mostly personal preference. The X-charger being a roots type produces more low-end torque while the remaining centrifiguals produce more power at the higher band of rpms. The procharger and the vortech/paxton have different oiling schemes (self contained internal vs. external oiling).

Not anymore!....they all have self lubricating contained systems now! not sure if they are using them on the CS6's but they do offer them now for aftermarket!

That car is hott and at 350 HP will be fun driving around town..... I see some on Ebay for 22-25,000 dollars which IMO is a steal!