Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Shelby 5.4L Versus Roush supercharged 5.0L

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Mr D... Respectful rebuttal to some of your points
Gt500 short or long term better resale...
You buy a GT 5.0 and drive off the lot .. It will lose value immediately as would any car obviously
Obviously you do the same with the gt500... It too will lose value.. However I would state that it's value will depreciate at a lower rate.. Thus better resale value=GT500

It became more of a YOU defending the 5.0 at all costs at the expense of the gt500 platform based on your opinion and your one experience with a single dealer.. Which also now makes you to make a statement as you did above that most dealers will charge markups etc ...
Well, that sounded a little defensive!

Obviously, I expect a dealer to charge a markup! My point is that at least at dealers in SoCal they either want full MSRP or even another $5K more, where with a 5.0L they are willing to deal. I asked if I could order one with "only" the equipment I wanted & I was given the Bum's rush! The price would be full list price, and they did everything they could to discourage me from trying to order one! They want to sell them loaded to increase the % markup! They only wanted to sell a car already in the system where the price would be higher because they lose the "holdback" getting it from another dealer & having some 19 year old drive it 100 miles or more! Yikes! Just what I want! It maybe different where you are, but around me it's... "Do it our way or take a walk!" I sure pity our poor struggling corporations!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:31 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

if you dont care about horsepower, SC, handling, styling, performance,
then why not get a V6?
no offense to the V6 owners.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:18 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
if you dont care about horsepower, SC, handling, styling, performance,
then why not get a V6?
no offense to the V6 owners.
The horsepower of a 5.0L with a supercharger is more bang for the buck! For straight line driving as opposed to being on a track or "driving like a spoiled 12 year old" around town risking others lives... I don't need the extra handling that hurts the ride. It might be fun if I could close highways like they do on TV auto shows & drive 80 MPH around blind curves... but I'm an adult! In terms of styling, frankly I prefer the stock GT look without the added trim. Like many Corvette add ons, most changes are not better looking, just different! I gave up that "Have to be different" look in high school in the late 50's when I painted the wheelwells of my '56 Chevy white & put lights in them! YIKES! Well... I was 16... what can I say! I also had drag pipes that sounded great, but gassed me out at a stoplight! LOL! Ah... to be young & dumb... but it was all fun!

If a GT 500 had a 5.4 - 5.6L. forged bottom end version of the 5.0L Coyote engine I would not be part of this discussion! I'd be filling out an order form for one! I think that's what Ford should have done, but then what do I know! I didn't fall in love with Mustangs until I was a senior citizen! I'm a Chevy man that strayed to the "Dark Side"!

Camaros look like a child's "Transformer Toy" & Corvettes look like Ferrari wanabees & way too hard to climb out of... now an old C1 Corvette is worth the trouble!

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-30-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:24 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I'm still happy with my alterations with my 06' It was delivered at 3490 lbs and if one choses, they can get 480rwhp with fully open exhaust, throttlebody, with a 10lb pulley set up only putting 8psi finally to the engine.

With strategic weight loss with lighter better parts, without compromising the interior or exterior, you can get the car down to 3390 lbs, which includes being blown to 480rwhp, way more agile because of all the rotational weight loss, better suspension, wheels, tires, chassis. Erik
Old 12-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Strut Tower Brace for 4.6L

I received a contact about my reasonably priced strut tower brace that I put on my 4.6L for clearing a Roush Supercharger. It looks just like the GT 500 brace on an '08. It works just fine & was less that $150. from a So Cal speed shop. It was made to clear Roush supercharger on any Mustang V8. I know this might be off topic, but I didn't want to start a thread just for this or get it lost in some other section! If anyone else wants one... PM me & I'll give you the shops Tel. # & they might drop ship you one! Don't know if I'd get busted for putting a tel# here! Yikes! Just trying to help another member out!

Last edited by Mr. D; 12-19-2011 at 04:04 AM.