Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

Looking to purchase 07-09 GT500, general impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:09 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Wow! I'd hate to see you when you are offended! Yikes!

After all this, you actually are telling me: "Not that any of this matters since thread is a year old!" LOL! I guess I'll have to pay more attention to the dates on posts! But isn't it strange that you still somehow needed to jump in and tell me I should not have posted my opinion, how many paragraphs I should write, and when I can use bold type or underlines! I have to wonder what would else you have criticized if it had actually mattered!

Here's a deal for both of us! (in bold print) How about we let it go now and move on, but we agree that neither of us needs tell the other what we can post, how many paragraphs it is allowed to be, or even when we are allowed to use bold type or even underline! Fair enough? How about we let people have different opinions and not be upset by them! Again, I didn't realize my opinion was being offensive and so out of place in this thread! It's a good thing I didn't suggest someone look at a Boss 302 or I'd have to be hunted done and killed! Yikes!

By the way, I looked up your car! Very nice!

I'm done with this and I hope you are too!!
For an old dude, you are pretty good with html.

My old man used to say "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Sage advice indeed.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Lol at this after a yr hahaha!

And geez ppl, seriously....
kinda turning into a rant rat race?

Hope y'all have quashed it and no more is said.
(Watch someone will HAVE to say ONE more thing about this lol)

Maybe me pointing that out will for once provoke absolute closure and silence in a forum spat....MAYBE.

Do miracles really happen lol?

Remember, ANYTHING else said...even about NOT talking about it by either side will render my wish gone lolol!

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-17-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:23 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Am I allowed to say LMAO??
All of this is actually very humorous to me ...
Old 09-18-2013, 11:29 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
Am I allowed to say LMAO??
All of this is actually very humorous to me ...
Me too TJ! This is the only Mustang (or performance car) I've ever owned! So, I can't compare it to any other and probably never will! But I do like it!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:48 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
For an old dude, you are pretty good with html.

My old man used to say "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Sage advice indeed.
It turns out that cheftjpeck is a classy guy and we are alright with each other! Maybe I just needed a "Pamprin tablet that day and over reacted! I have been know to un-perfect at times! Ask my wife!

As to your compliment ( I hope), your body and mind get old, but your attitudes don't have to get old if you are willing to keep learning and CHANGING! Too many old people think the same at 70 as they did at 20! That means there's been no growth! Remember that you young "whipper snappers"! Here's another one of the Mustangs I built along the way:
Attached Thumbnails Looking to purchase 07-09 GT500, general impressions...-screen-shot-2013-09-19-at-1.31.55-am.jpg   Looking to purchase 07-09 GT500, general impressions...-driver-s-8.5x11.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-19-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:18 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Im going to beat the dead horse here.

As for "reminding" the younger guys on here that they need to be fiscally responsible, that statement seems ridiculous given that we own mustangs to begin with. Fiscally responsible people do not own mustangs. They own cars that are completely about utility like a gas sipping Honda or Toyota that is white with 13" wheels. I personally think that coming on here and asking advice about money is just something that you shouldn't do. If you have to ask someone if you can afford it, then you probably can't to begin with.
1. You is wrong O' young one! (You maybe just joking in your post, but for those who might agree with your statement)

I'm fiscally responsible and always have been because I came from a poor single parent family and never inherited anything but a funeral bill. Getting a good education, being sensible and not buying toys I couldn't afford until I could afford them allowed me to have quite a few expensive cars while still raising a family and never being in debt. Not meaning to brag, but just to make the point I could write a check for five new GT 500's without a problem and that is because I've been fiscally responsible and could wait for good things. Many people want everything yesterday and then wonder why they wind up with very little at 65! OK, sermon over!

2. As to your comments on GT 500's, I agree they are King of the Hill! END OF STORY! I DON'T WANT TO INSULT ANYONE'S SHELBY OK? PEACE!

For the record: My Mustang was bought new as a 4.6L GT Premium. My poorly worded post was never to put down GT 500's, or start a debate but just to make the point that a young guy without a lot of bucks could by a clean, low mileage used 4.6 or 5.0L and get a Roush supercharger put on by an authorized Roush dealer and it makes a nice ride until you can put down the cash for a GT 500. My little 4.6L runs 467 HP the way it is set up, and a 5.0L runs 575 HP. Not a GT 500, but not a bad ride! My Mustang got 27.5 MPG from the LA High Desert area to St. George, Utah! Economy and HP ain't bad! It's simply an alternative to winding up with a big payment that some readers may not have been aware of... not an attack on GT 500's! You should own your car, not have it own you when the monthly car payment comes.

Some of my other Mustangs though the years:
Attached Thumbnails Looking to purchase 07-09 GT500, general impressions...-61-fuelly.jpg   Looking to purchase 07-09 GT500, general impressions...-screen-shot-2013-09-19-at-2.23.35-am.jpg   Looking to purchase 07-09 GT500, general impressions...-driver-s.jpg  

Last edited by Mr. D; 09-19-2013 at 04:30 AM.