Saleen, Roush and Boss Mustangs Discussions on Saleen, Roush, and late model Shinoda Boss Models within. SVT models, check the 4.6L section.

Is this common for ford to service a saleen this way?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 01:55 PM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

Default Is this common for ford to service a saleen this way?

All right, as per my previous post, I took in my 2002 Saleen S281 N/A for the dash guages to be fixed since they would not indiglo at nite. Well, ford calls me back and says that they have to send back the dash cluster guages to Saleen for repair or replacement. And that can take anywhere from 3-4 weeks. So I am just SOL without my car for a month???? That sucks!!! Is this the type of service I can expect from Ford anytime my saleen has something wrong with it. I will be out a car for a month. THat's BS. And worst of all they dont even provide a loaner!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:15 PM
El Cid

Default RE: Is this common for ford to service a saleen this way?

When my 01 needed a new wing they ordered it from Saleen and then tried to put it on (it also rubbed the fenders). I'm not sure what is required to fix your cluster, but perhaps they can get Saleen to send a new one out and then just swap it when it gets there. Then Saleen can fix yours and use it in another car or something.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

ya the indiglos are gay when they go out cuz you have to replace the whole thing and not jus a bulb i can see them want to send it in. easier on there part. but they really wouldnt have to it is quite easy to change the gauges jus takes time and a person w/o a temper but 3-4 weeks good god id jus drive w/o it who cares how fast your really goin and jus keep your tank filled
Old 03-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Call Saleen and explain your predicament to them. Often times they will do a little more than your ford dealer to accomidate you. If you call 1-800-888-8945 and hit the #2 button, you will get David Deem's extension in warranties. Leave him a message and explain your predicament, and I bet he will help you out. I think it will be possible for you to have a new cluster sent to your dealer. You might have to pay for the new unit up front, but you will be credited back for the warrantied piece once Saleen gets it back.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:50 AM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

thanks birdieman, I'll give him a call and see if he can help me out. Anything to get my car back sooner.