Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Want to race a supercar that's not yours for on the cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:52 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Default Want to race a supercar that's not yours for on the cheap?

Here in NC too!! These prices are VERY reasonable. I want to go check this out at some point in the future with my girlfriend, would be a fun day out!

The idea of pooling resources to get access to a wide range of the most exotic four-wheeled machinery available isn't new, though it is still rather exclusive. Groups like P1 International in the UK and The Supercar Club in Australia have built the genre over the past few years, while newcomers like RS Academy have helped expand it.

But now a new player has entered the field, and they're playing by a different set of rules. Gone are the tens of thousands of dollars in annual dues and per-use fees. Instead, Supercar Sensation brings a handful of supercars to a designated site, the drivers meet up and drive them around for 1-4 hours, depending on the package they buy, and drive up to three of the cars in a single day. All for a single flat fee.

Starting at $199 for a 'one hour test drive' as the folks at Sensation call it, the driver gets a a shot behind the wheel of three supercars, one from each of the following groups: 1) Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo; 2) Porsche 911 Turbo or Aston Martin Vantage Roadster; and 3) Nissan GT-R, BMW M3 or Mercedes C63 AMG. Also included in the package price is a set of digital photos of the driver with the car.

The driving itself is a one-hour open-road 'lead-follow' trek on a pre-planned route. For more time behind the wheel, you can step up to the 'tour', which comes in two or four-hour variations, but is essentially just a longer version of the test drive scenario.

For those that would like a bit more speed and sensation, the company also offers a 'track' package from $250. This includes one orientation lap plus eight runs on a closed autocross-style (pylons on pavement) course in the M3, C63 AMG GT-R or 911 Turbo, plus another three runs in a F430 or Gallardo. There are variations on this package starting as low as $40, which will get you one orientation lap and a single autocross run.

All in all, it's a comprehensive set of offerings for a price that really can't be beat - especially when compared to the competition. P1, for example, charges an annual fee of £12,250 to £15,500 ($18,580 to $23500) plus a one-time joining fee of £2,450 ($3,700). By comparison, there's no competition at all. Of course, even P1 is still a bargain compared to ownership of even a single supercar.

And the very best part: Supercar Sensation is based in North Carolina - so it won't require a passport and an overseas vacation to enjoy the experience.
http://www.motorauthority.com/new-co...ffordable.html
Old 05-15-2009, 12:56 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Oh whoa I just checked out their website, they do it at Southpark Mall! That's like right around the corner from my house!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:59 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Wonder if they'd kick me out if I turned one up to around 7k and dumped the clutch....wait for it, wait for it, BAM!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 98LS1
Wonder if they'd kick me out if I turned one up to around 7k and dumped the clutch....wait for it, wait for it, BAM!
Just don't use launch control if you drive the GT-R!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:37 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Good question....

I'd be pissed if it were a deal where you 'follow' the car for a lap, then get a few runs, but there's a computer system or a guy in the passenger seat that keeps you from doing "x"

such as going over a certain rpm, accelerating too quickly, clutch drops..

etc..

at the same time though, the company probably can't make a profit if their cars are getting RAPED over and over for such low prices.

Tricky line they have to draw..which is why I will never own a company of any sort.. LOL