Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

beauty vs beast

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:25 AM
94gt5.0 riceeater

Default beauty vs beast

let me start by telling you that i no longer have the beast in this story listen and i will tell you why . I live in knoxville tennessee and i had a couple of freinds who like me loved v8 cars and such . We used to ride the strip in gatlinburg in a caravan of cars . I had a 89 gt 5.0 that was not a pretty car but had a roller motor with very wide tires and an attitude . my freind nick had a 88 camaro z28 with a 350 that had been built to the fullest . also with us way ricky he had a 66 mustang that was stock but had been restored to a beautiful good runnung car . That night we headed to the strip and was riding around when i say ricky at a gas station talking to some guy with an honda s2000 . So i pulled in and nick followed . I got out and looked at the yellow s2000 and i have to say it was an impresive rice burner he had all the updates and aftermarket things avalible to the car . After an hour of him talking down about american cars and how they were slow and over rated i asked if he thought his car would beat a mustang . He said that he had beat a cobra mustang two days earlier on the interstate . So i told him that i had a mustang that i would race for fun if he was interested and he jumped at the chance . He took us to a winding road and told me that i would have to race him in the suicide lane . Ricky lined us up and dropped the hat . his car had far more takeoff but i raced him for three to five miles by the time it was done i had lost him 20 car lenths back i could not see his headlights .To rub it in i stopped on the side of the road and lit a smoke and waited . he pulled up after about a min and would not say a word all he said was good race and pulled off . on my way back i say this punk on a payphone at a station and ten seconds later blue lights pulled me over . The officer told me someone had called in a race and i got a huge ticket and almost had my car impounded . He was the only person who could have called the law . We were the only two there it was like 3 in the morning . when i told my freinds they laughed at me and we left for home .I was only 16 at the time and the next day my mother was washing my jeans and found the ticket . they were pissed and i was forced to sell my primer grey beast . now i have a 94 5.0 mustang and at it again lol . some people never learn .
Old 11-20-2005, 09:44 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: beauty vs beast

Well atleast you won. What mods did you have to pull on a S2000? Those things can pull pretty good. My 01 GT, which is basically stock, would have a pretty good run with an S2000. But all in all, you will never learn your lesson. I work at the Sheriffs Office here in town, just on the computer in the office, and have gotten 4 tickets in the past 3 months for speeding or racing. Its addicting.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:42 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

yeah.. at least you won. where in knoxville do you live? my sister teaches at UT.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:57 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gt5.0 riceeater

let me start by telling you that i no longer have the beast in this story listen and i will tell you why . I live in knoxville tennessee and i had a couple of freinds who like me loved v8 cars and such . We used to ride the strip in gatlinburg in a caravan of cars . I had a 89 gt 5.0 that was not a pretty car but had a roller motor with very wide tires and an attitude . my freind nick had a 88 camaro z28 with a 350 that had been built to the fullest . also with us way ricky he had a 66 mustang that was stock but had been restored to a beautiful good runnung car . That night we headed to the strip and was riding around when i say ricky at a gas station talking to some guy with an honda s2000 . So i pulled in and nick followed . I got out and looked at the yellow s2000 and i have to say it was an impresive rice burner he had all the updates and aftermarket things avalible to the car . After an hour of him talking down about american cars and how they were slow and over rated i asked if he thought his car would beat a mustang . He said that he had beat a cobra mustang two days earlier on the interstate . So i told him that i had a mustang that i would race for fun if he was interested and he jumped at the chance . He took us to a winding road and told me that i would have to race him in the suicide lane . Ricky lined us up and dropped the hat . his car had far more takeoff but i raced him for three to five miles by the time it was done i had lost him 20 car lenths back i could not see his headlights .To rub it in i stopped on the side of the road and lit a smoke and waited . he pulled up after about a min and would not say a word all he said was good race and pulled off . on my way back i say this punk on a payphone at a station and ten seconds later blue lights pulled me over . The officer told me someone had called in a race and i got a huge ticket and almost had my car impounded . He was the only person who could have called the law . We were the only two there it was like 3 in the morning . when i told my freinds they laughed at me and we left for home .I was only 16 at the time and the next day my mother was washing my jeans and found the ticket . they were pissed and i was forced to sell my primer grey beast . now i have a 94 5.0 mustang and at it again lol . some people never learn .
haha that's pretty good. so im assuming this happened a while ago. why didn't you fight the ticket?? the cop would need a witness and i doubt that kid would be dumb enough to say in court that he was racing you. i would think the cop would have to catch you racing himself...no?
Old 11-20-2005, 01:10 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

haha that's pretty good. so im assuming this happened a while ago. why didn't you fight the ticket?? the cop would need a witness and i doubt that kid would be dumb enough to say in court that he was racing you. i would think the cop would have to catch you racing himself...no?
[sm=exactly.gif]There's no way you could've been convicted by an anonymous phone call, unless you just confessed.
BTW, the S2000 hasn't been out very long, so you must still be pretty young.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:20 PM
94gt5.0 riceeater

yeah it was a while ago . I didnt fight the ticket because the cop had a big smile on his face and could have thrown me in juvinile just for being out at that hour . He was a pretty good guy about it . we talked for a min about the my car after giving me the ticket so he was just doing his job . besides the guy in the honda was long gone by that time . I dont street race now . I like the seca races they hold them in rockwood and other places . Its a lot safer that way with all the traffic on the road these days .

the 302 was done by the guy i bought the car from it had ..

302 block 30 over
x-rod pistons
holley systemax intake manifold
larger injectors and maf sensor
a 65mm throttle body
bbk shorty headers
2.5-inch mac h-pipe with high flow catalystic converters
k&n air filter
ported stock heads
ford racing camshaft
jacobs ignition

I did not have a good tranny . I put 2 trannys in before i was forced to sell the car the t5 could not stand up
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Polonius

So there's at least 3 guys here that live in Knoxville and/or go to UT: Myself, 94GT, and ZW99GT. Oh yea, and you're the second person that knows where Rockwood is...the other one's my roommate, and he's from there. Anyway, yea at least you won the race but damn I can't believe dude was such a dick about it (assuming it was him). Also, nanaki, what does your sister teach?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: 94gt5.0 riceeater

Namely you. Sucks that you got a ticket. Since you raced an S2000 when you were 16, I'd venture to say you're about 21 now. Apparently the ticket didn't make you much wiser.

I was the same way. I had three tickets under my belt back in my stupid teenage days.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:55 PM
95mustgt5.0

good won..i live in Knoxville also
Old 11-22-2005, 07:59 AM
94gt5.0 riceeater

I go to rockwood alot to visit my buddy . Its a long way from knoxville so i havent been there in like two weeks now . At least there are some people on here from knoxville .