SVT Forums

Emergency help! for people who have changed S/C pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs down Emergency help! for people who have changed S/C pulleys

Ok so right now my car is in my driveway without a pulley. It had a 3.00 pulley un known name brand on it from previous owner. Well i used the pulley tool and all and long story short i used it and i ended up pulling the pulley off of the hub stripping all of the threads in the hub. So the stupid hub is stuck on there right now and wont budge. I used a tap and die set (i have a nice Snap-on set) to re thread the hub so i can try it one mroe time. Well if anyone has re threaded you will know the threads will be a bit weeker but i wanted to give it one more go. Nothing happened and the bolts stripped right out again. This has turned into a night mare and the funny part is my garage is full of yard stuff so i couldnt put it in my garage so i worked on it in the rain, it wasnt fun. Does anyone at all have any pictures, videos, or just advice on how to fix this? Thank you again

Andrew
Old 05-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

you could use a large tap with patience and a steady strong hand tap it bigger then try it....i would also try heating it!!!....other than that i dont have any ideas
Old 05-10-2012, 06:27 AM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

heating it was something i thought of, i just didnt do that just yet. I am trying again after work today with a buddy of mine that is a master mech. So we shall see
Old 05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Be careful with the heat.....
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Ha ha well now the funny thing is about the heat is i asked around and decided not to do the heat at the last minute because my master mechanic buddy (loves mustangs) said heating that hub up could ruin the supercharger, bearing, and seal. So i left my car for an hour and my dad thought he was helping by doing it for me so, he did it for like 5 to 7 minutes he says so cross your fingers he didnt do damage. So now the update is that the pulley kit no longer will work because the bolt holes are stripped and can not by re threaded anymore so we are using a ford oem bearing separator tool that you can hook up a ford oem crank pulley tool to. Its way stronger and fits better over the hub. We did this and wouldnt you know it the bolts to the bearing separator started to bend and almost break. So now i just got back from lowes and bought the same size bolts but grade 8 the strongest bolt grade so everyone cross there fingers.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Any pics....fixed??!!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:10 AM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Well i have good news and bad news. Good news tim, the supercharger and pulley work great. Between the ported tb and plenum, 2.76 pulley and bama tune my car was a beast. The tune even made my car a bit louder. Deeper rumble and louder accel. But the bad news it some how and i dont know how my radiator now has a hole on the BACK on it. Its a small hole and blew up like a valcano while sitting at idle. So now i need a radiator. This is a whole world of bad luck. So the question as follows what is a good radiator to purchase??? i would like to upgrade sense i need a new one anyways. I heard from different people oem is the best you can get and to just get that. But is there a good aluminum radiator i can get from american muscle or lethal??

Again thanks for all the help. Wouldnt be anywhere without it
Old 05-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

LOL....see your other thread!!!! ....Don't worry, minor setbacks!