Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

19’Mustang GT won’t start after installing JLT Cold air intake and bama tune!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2023, 08:22 PM
deucetres

Default 19’Mustang GT won’t start after installing JLT Cold air intake and bama tune!

I received and installed my JLT CAI today on my 2019 Mustang GT automatic, and loaded my Bama Race tune via my SCT X4 tuner.
After I finished with the tune, I ran a KAM reset and decide to take her for a little spin to check out the new upgrades. I get in and start it up but as soon as the car starts it cuts right back off immediately?! Ive installed CAIs and tunes on my 2013 & 2014 gt’s and the process has always been straight forward and worked the first time on those two cars so i’m familiar with installing CAIs and loading tunes with an sct tuner so I’m stumped?? Everything else on the car is stock. Ive attached a video clip of what’s happening. Emails have already been sent to Bama but unfortunately with it being the weekend and with me having work on Monday with nothing to drive, im in a bit of a panic rn. Pease help!

Somethings to note, Ive tried both the race and the performance tunes but same thing! I was pretty meticulous in making sure that there reducer coupler didn’t have any gaps around the outside of the throttle body nor the intake tube....BUT… I will say that the JLT coupler was a HUGE pain in the **** to get on around the intake tube! It felt like it was way too small and thought they had maybe sent me the wrong one until (by some miracle) i was able to use a lot of elbow grease, prayer, and a sacrificial blood offering to the Gods 😂 to barely squeeze the intake tube inside the coupler😪. Ive owned Air Raids for my s195’s and never had any issues with their couplers fitting onto the TB and intake tube so I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with theirs?
Old 06-11-2023, 04:19 PM
deucetres

Default Disregard🤦🏻‍♂️

So yeah, embarrassingly enough I had the MAF sensor upside down 🤦🏻‍♂️ ::cue the laughter:: (it’s ok i’m laughing at my simple mindedness too &#128514. However I’ll leave this up if anyone else runs into this issue on their 6th Gen mustangs.

From my experience installing Air Raid CAI’s on my s197’s and also from what I’ve read numerous places…I had under the assumption that MAF sensors could only be installed in one direction on CAI tubes.

I learned today that this isn’t the case with the JLT CAIs (well at least in the model that I have and one that requires a tune-I’m almost positive they have one that doesn’t require a tune however I could be wrong🤷🏻‍♂️). The MAF will absolutely fit either direction so just make sure your red push tab on the MAF connector is facing down lol.
Old 06-17-2023, 03:33 PM
deucetres

Originally Posted by PaulSilvera
I didn't know that.
Apparently neither did I! When I received a response from the Bama Tuning guys, the tuner told me that this was actually a common issue that their customers with the JLT CAI had 🤷🏻‍♂️. Nowhere is this included in the installation instructions that we’re included nor was it pointed out in any of the YT tutorials I watched. I should’ve noted MAF orientation when I took it off the stock air tube but hindsight is 20/20 lol