Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > V6 S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 03:36 AM   #11
Mastermmm
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang v6
Location: NY
Posts: 15
Default

Ok, so now that I've seen a little, I want to say that I firstly am looking for some speakers and a sub with either surrounding BLUE LED's, or BLUE LED's inside of the speaker. That's my cars theme, and thats how all my lights are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6-5-300-Watt...item5637ab5adb

With that said, do you think these are any good? It seems Pyle is OK overall, but I couldn't find a review for the specific speakers because I do not know the specific model type yet.

Also, what is a good wattage for speakers? 200? 300 watts? 400?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Mastermmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #12
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member
 
aaquib1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Vehicle: 2008, V6, PP
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermmm View Post
Ok, so now that I've seen a little, I want to say that I firstly am looking for some speakers and a sub with either surrounding BLUE LED's, or BLUE LED's inside of the speaker. That's my cars theme, and thats how all my lights are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-6-5-300-Watt...item5637ab5adb

With that said, do you think these are any good? It seems Pyle is OK overall, but I couldn't find a review for the specific speakers because I do not know the specific model type yet.

Also, what is a good wattage for speakers? 200? 300 watts? 400?
Hmm, the LED things pretty cool but Pyle is usually of a lower class than Infinity/fosgate (awesome expensive)/or Polk. They may be good, but its hit or miss usually- BUT, never get a Pyle Subwoofer, they are crap. I have several friends with busted Pyle audio subs.

About the speakers- Holy cow man, 400 watts?! Mine are around 110ish RMS (that is just the recommended wattage to run them at) so if you get like 400 watt speakers (as you mentioned) then the RMS is usually around 200watts. (Hope that was clear enough, if not lemme know.) Make sure before buying, you ask for the RMS and run it at or below that number.

Also, good choice going with the 6.5in speakers- the stock are just not too great (I think even my shaker 5 has only 5.5in). And just to re-iterate, forget the rear deck for now, and if you have a stock (base mustang) head unit, just get a shaker take off or some other half decent (sony explode??) unit.
They are not necessarily the deciding factor- but I dunno, I have low experience with em. All I can recommend are panasonic cause I had one in my old camry and it was a dream lol.
__________________


Steeda CAI, 91 tune, GT axle-backs w/ H-pipe, P/P stock TB. Dinosaurs!
aaquib1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
Mastermmm
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang v6
Location: NY
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaquib1992 View Post
Hmm, the LED things pretty cool but Pyle is usually of a lower class than Infinity/fosgate (awesome expensive)/or Polk. They may be good, but its hit or miss usually- BUT, never get a Pyle Subwoofer, they are crap. I have several friends with busted Pyle audio subs.

About the speakers- Holy cow man, 400 watts?! Mine are around 110ish RMS (that is just the recommended wattage to run them at) so if you get like 400 watt speakers (as you mentioned) then the RMS is usually around 200watts. (Hope that was clear enough, if not lemme know.) Make sure before buying, you ask for the RMS and run it at or below that number.

Also, good choice going with the 6.5in speakers- the stock are just not too great (I think even my shaker 5 has only 5.5in). And just to re-iterate, forget the rear deck for now, and if you have a stock (base mustang) head unit, just get a shaker take off or some other half decent (sony explode??) unit.
They are not necessarily the deciding factor- but I dunno, I have low experience with em. All I can recommend are panasonic cause I had one in my old camry and it was a dream lol.
What exactly is RMS? And I actually found a couple of GPS head units that I like, and they say they will fit the 2005 Mustang, if you could tell me what you think that would be great:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s-BV9964B.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ID-7000NR.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...9314.html#tabs

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ID-7000NR.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ss-BV8970.html

I'm really not sure about the quality on these, but maybe you have an idea by the brand names? Or are they all junk?

If anything, I might just go with this one, looks like the most practical, cheapest, and good reviews:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...WX-GT77UI.html
Mastermmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #14
MadStang40
4th Gear Member
 
MadStang40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 2007 4.0
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,674
Wade Angel MadStang40
Default

I have never once had a problem with my Rockford Fosgate subs or amp. I have dual 10" P1 subs and a 300W Rockford Fosgate amp. I made sure the subs were rated for more power than the amp was producing so I wouldn't have a problem with blowing a subwoofer. The base hits in the midrange (perfect for rock) and hits pretty good in rap and hip hop songs. This layout won't win you any trophies, but it's a huge improvement over stock. Definitely grab some aftermarket speakers as well.
__________________
Wade

2007 5spd Vista Blue 4.0L

93R tune/ Steeda CAI/ true dual conversion w/ Flowmasters/ Pypes shorties/
Tokico HP series dampers/ Eibach pro springs/ 18x9 and 18x10 AM GT500 wheels/
255/40/18 and 275/40/18 Nitto NT555s

My compilation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FClEtojW-9I
Walk around and rev: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrqvJN2T3Y
MadStang40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member
 
aaquib1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Vehicle: 2008, V6, PP
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermmm View Post
What exactly is RMS? And I actually found a couple of GPS head units that I like, and they say they will fit the 2005 Mustang, if you could tell me what you think that would be great:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...s-BV9964B.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ID-7000NR.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...9314.html#tabs

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ID-7000NR.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ss-BV8970.html

I'm really not sure about the quality on these, but maybe you have an idea by the brand names? Or are they all junk?

If anything, I might just go with this one, looks like the most practical, cheapest, and good reviews:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...WX-GT77UI.html
RMS is just the recommended level for running your speakers/etc. For example, a speaker will say 500watts and then under it 200watts RMS, that is what you should run them at, to avoid any premature wear or damage.

And yeah you should get subss that are MORE powerful than the amp. Sorry I got mixed up in the previous post.

About those head units you posted; well I would never buy a BOSS anything. Mainly because their subs and amps are literal crap, and if they cheap out on those what else are they cheaping out on? Just my opinion. And with Jensen, I've heard good and bad (no personal exp. with those) but a friend of mine worked for a place that designed parts for them and he told me that Jensen usually used cheap materials and was prone to failure (again this is mostly their subs). The others I have absolutely no clue about (sorry).

My advice is, stick with some known brands atleast for the head unit. Like sony (I will say from personal exp. they are awesome with reliability/quality), Pioneer (I can personally attest to their quality again), JVC, Rockford (if you have a BIG budget) and maybe Clarion for some stuff (head units included).

But power acoustic just sounds cheesy to me, like some japanese knock-off brand. And something tells me that 1 year warranty is fishy, most manufacturers give out like 2-4/. The aforementioned recommendations usually do (my old pioneer came with a 2-3 year or something warranty, as did the xplode) and since I got them from a retail store (good discounts come around just gotta wait and keep an eye) they gave me an even longer warranty for free with the professional install (never more than $40 for a head unit and maybe 20 for 2 speakers).
__________________


Steeda CAI, 91 tune, GT axle-backs w/ H-pipe, P/P stock TB. Dinosaurs!

Last edited by aaquib1992; 04-13-2011 at 09:57 PM.
aaquib1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #16
Mastermmm
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang v6
Location: NY
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom22 View Post
Here is what I did.

Elemental Designs e9.65i components in the door.
2 Sundown Audio E8v2 subs in a ported enclosure.
JBL GTO5355 amp 5-channel.
KOL-AK4-4 amp kit by KnuKonceptz
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT head unit.
total was just over a grand, love it.
good luck
Did you need a better alternator than a stock or an additional battery? because i know the higher the wattage, the more battery drain and all
Mastermmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
dom22
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 05 mustang V6
Location: VA
Posts: 6
Default

no I didn't need to change alternator or battery, the 5 channel amp I am using is is putting out about 580 RMS. I did mine simple, components for the front stage and 2 subs thats it. I love the way it sounds. The best advice I could give you is shop around and keep shopping till you find some deals.
Don't go with just the name brand stuff there are lots of other quality brands out there.
dom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #18
dom22
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 05 mustang V6
Location: VA
Posts: 6
Default

Don't buy any of those stereo they are cheap, you would be better off keeping what you have now. Here is a stereo for 400 on amazon, Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD. E-bay has it for 380, this is just to show you head units are not to expensive.
dom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #19
bmasek89
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Location: Virginia
Posts: 151
Default

I put a 5 ch kicker amp in the back, with a kicker cvt10" with a custom fiberglass box to sit on that small ledge behind the rear seats, and infinity kappa components up front with the kappa coaxials in the rear. All speakers +sub running off the 5ch amp. Alpine cda117 headunit, all new speaker wiring, rca's and 0/1 AWG power wire. All in all everything cost me about 2.5-3k i'd say. It sounds awesome, I have the awesome lows from my sub and perfect highs from the infinities, which they are known for.
__________________
05 Sonic Blue V6
BBK CAI
True dual magnaflow cat back,
Shelby Strut Tower Brace,
18x9 Anthracite Bullet wheels,
GT Fogs with Billet Grille,
8in black shorty antenna
bmasek89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #20
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member
 
MoneyShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2008 4.0 V6
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaquib1992 View Post
You want a good sound system then switch to dual exhaust and drop some GT takeoffs on there, and you got all the music you'll ever need
and cheaper!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolivianpimp View Post
This is kinda like last week when i was racing a deer next to my car, he pulled like 5 deer on me so i didnt want to post that bad loss.
MoneyShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Tags
05, 12s, 2005, audio, avhp4300dvd, bad, blown, dound, good, installing, kicker, l3, mustang, pioneer, sound, system, v6

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup