Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Washer fluid sprayers not working?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Another UPDATE! Many days later but, UPADATE!! Lol. I went to O'Reilys to see what they had to fix this issue. I came out with one small plastic tube looking thing, and placed it into both sides of the broken pipe. I put some gorilla glue duct tape around it, and it works like a charm now. Of course I now have a box of random plastic tubes, but such is the life of a car guy.

I did this after going to my dealer to get the entire hosed replaced. Now since they were going to do this for free as a courtesy, it had to go through the used car mechanic and office. I was told the part was ordered a month ago and had come in, but when I went to the dealer I sat around for an hour before someone even went and checked, and it was found out that in fact the part had not been ordered. Of course. So it would be another week plus time in the shop, and as a college kid commuting an hour and a half to school each day, that wouldnt fly. I appreciate them offering to do it for free, as they have been more than generous in the whole buying process. However, I feel like that was something VERY noticeable that should have been replaced before the car was put up for sale. But all is right for now.

And Deysha I just wanted to thank you for your concern and help in the matter, as well as all the help you provide everyone here on the forums. It's great to have you around!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:21 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Another UPDATE! Many days later but, UPADATE!! Lol. I went to O'Reilys to see what they had to fix this issue. I came out with one small plastic tube looking thing, and placed it into both sides of the broken pipe. I put some gorilla glue duct tape around it, and it works like a charm now. Of course I now have a box of random plastic tubes, but such is the life of a car guy.

I did this after going to my dealer to get the entire hosed replaced. Now since they were going to do this for free as a courtesy, it had to go through the used car mechanic and office. I was told the part was ordered a month ago and had come in, but when I went to the dealer I sat around for an hour before someone even went and checked, and it was found out that in fact the part had not been ordered. Of course. So it would be another week plus time in the shop, and as a college kid commuting an hour and a half to school each day, that wouldnt fly. I appreciate them offering to do it for free, as they have been more than generous in the whole buying process. However, I feel like that was something VERY noticeable that should have been replaced before the car was put up for sale. But all is right for now.

And Deysha I just wanted to thank you for your concern and help in the matter, as well as all the help you provide everyone here on the forums. It's great to have you around!
Thank you for the update, the kind words, and you’re very welcome, Mobiusone stang!

Deysha