Notices
2.3L Eco-Boost Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the Eco-Boost variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

Mustang 2016 Convertible Ecoboost Brake Failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 06:39 PM
Mustangerla

Default Mustang 2016 Convertible Ecoboost Brake Failure

Friends,

I have 70K miles on this vehicle and Yesterday I had a weird situation.

While driving my Mustang Brakes failed to stop the vehicle. Luckily I had just then taken the exit and trying to stop at the signal. Brake pedals did not work at all and it was rock solid. I had to stop by shifting the gears and pulling the Parking Brakes.

There was no prior indication/warning in the system about the Brake failure until the issue happened.

later on I got it towed a local Ford Service dealer in LA. And today he got back to me saying that my "Brake Vacuum pump assembly" has failed and 800$ to fix it.

I asked the dealer it is a critical part of the system and how can it fail so easily. He told it is regular wear and tear. If that is the case then why there is no early warning? And there is no answer for this.

How is this possible? If it can go bad so quickly, then Ford should provide early warning on this item, because it is putting the entire passenger sitting in the car. And I'm not sure whether there are any recalls on this. Should this not be considered as a manufacturing defect which should fall into the recall category. And I'm also not sure about the price. They are charing 800$ to fix it.

I was with my family and luckily nothing happened. If this had happened on the freeway, may be we were are all dead by this time.

Please let me know what you all think and how I should proceed with this.

Thanks,
J

Old 04-02-2019, 06:08 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

https://mustangforums.com/forum/conv...e-failure.html
Old 04-11-2023, 02:34 PM
jklen

Default Break Booster Failed 2016 Mustang

Originally Posted by Mustangerla
Friends,

I have 70K miles on this vehicle and Yesterday I had a weird situation.

While driving my Mustang Brakes failed to stop the vehicle. Luckily I had just then taken the exit and trying to stop at the signal. Brake pedals did not work at all and it was rock solid. I had to stop by shifting the gears and pulling the Parking Brakes.

There was no prior indication/warning in the system about the Brake failure until the issue happened.

later on I got it towed a local Ford Service dealer in LA. And today he got back to me saying that my "Brake Vacuum pump assembly" has failed and 800$ to fix it.

I asked the dealer it is a critical part of the system and how can it fail so easily. He told it is regular wear and tear. If that is the case then why there is no early warning? And there is no answer for this.

How is this possible? If it can go bad so quickly, then Ford should provide early warning on this item, because it is putting the entire passenger sitting in the car. And I'm not sure whether there are any recalls on this. Should this not be considered as a manufacturing defect which should fall into the recall category. And I'm also not sure about the price. They are charing 800$ to fix it.

I was with my family and luckily nothing happened. If this had happened on the freeway, may be we were are all dead by this time.

Please let me know what you all think and how I should proceed with this.

Thanks,
J
Hi. This exact thing just happened to me. 67K miles, just exited the freeway. I was luckily down to about 35mph on an uphill.... I contacted Ford, they will do nothing. This is a serious issue and could have resulted in death. Had it not been later in the evening, with more cars around, I think things would have been different. Ford needs to fix this issue!