Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

calif. Dreamin hood, side window covers & spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:29 PM
AguynamedJay

Default calif. Dreamin hood, side window covers & spoilers

Ok Forum Fans I need some help...

First I hopeeveryone had a great Christmas and best wishes for the New Year![sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Now a couple of questions...
1. The California dreamin hood. I am very close to going with one from California Mustangs. I live close so I can drive up and skip the shipping issue. Anybody have pros or cons?
2.The 1/4window scoop by Cervini #CER4305, it looks close to the old Shelby style. Anybody got any comments on them either having bought some & installed them or seen a set mounted on somebody else's car? The lower side scoops look good too so same question...
3. The Cervini C-series 4inch ducktail wing. That looks pretty sweet too. Same question does anybody have any experience with them?

Thanks for you help!

Jay in the OC
101st Abn.
11B/11C
75-79
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:56 PM
jmart69x
1st Gear Member

Default RE: calif. Dreamin hood, side window covers & spoilers

Re: California Dreamin Ram Air Hood: I have read that there are some issues with the fit and finish with this hood. However, I have also read that you should expect this with any fiberglass hood.

Re: Cervinis Ducktail Spoiler: I ordered it and ended up returning it forthe followingreasons: First, it is a very agressive looking spoiler. I knew this ahead of time, but it was not until I actually received it that I realized how high it stood (4" high) and to what extent the end pieces hung over the side. It looked a little silly since I did not plan on installing any ground effects.Also, the two end pieces don't run flush against the top of the rear bumper. There is about a 1/4" lip.Second, I did not like the fact that the center piece only utilizes 2 of the 4 factory holes left from my factory spoiler. The two end pieces are adhered via 3M tape. I have read that people have had issues with the 3M tape coming loose. I suppose I could have drilled a couple of holes in the side corner panel of the car for extra security, but I did not want to do so.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:35 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmart69x

Re: California Dreamin Ram Air Hood: I have read that there are some issues with the fit and finish with this hood. However, I have also read that you should expect this with any fiberglass hood.

Re: Cervinis Ducktail Spoiler: I ordered it and ended up returning it for the following reasons: First, it is a very agressive looking spoiler. I knew this ahead of time, but it was not until I actually received it that I realized how high it stood (4" high) and to what extent the end pieces hung over the side. It looked a little silly since I did not plan on installing any ground effects. Also, the two end pieces don't run flush against the top of the rear bumper. There is about a 1/4" lip. Second, I did not like the fact that the center piece only utilizes 2 of the 4 factory holes left from my factory spoiler. The two end pieces are adhered via 3M tape. I have read that people have had issues with the 3M tape coming loose. I suppose I could have drilled a couple of holes in the side corner panel of the car for extra security, but I did not want to do so.
Generally I have found that 3M if done right has no issues, Mine are just fine, and even more so are the side scoops which are just 3M as well. I have had them on for about 4 months now, and have had the car as fast as 120mph and they are still there. When done properly 3M is a pain in the @ss to remove, and can't be done nicely unless you have a heat gun.

As far as fittment and finish of a fiberglass hood, yea alot of people who whent to ebay or third party places had issues, I have never had any problems with the fit or finish of any RKSport or Cervini's products and I know people with parts from both manufacturers and I have installed parts from both manufacturers.

I actually put screws in the factory holes there were only predrilled holes for 2 but I do have 4 on the trunk piece. I agree though that it may look a bit silly with no ground effects because it is a rather aggressive wing.

I have the full C Series kit
Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Dothey cover all the holes though right from the factory^ My cervinis wing is in the shop prepping and painting
Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

Do they cover all the holes though right from the factory^ My cervinis wing is in the shop prepping and painting
Yes actually it should have 2 holes predrilled in the wing to mount over the factory holes, we drilled 2 more for the second set of screws for mine but it will cover them.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:50 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I have heard of issues with RK Sport hood quality, that some extra prep was needed. But since you will be driving to pick it up you should not have the issue as you can check it out before you take delivery of it.