Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Saleen style vs. Cervini style, what to do.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:21 AM
BartSimpson
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen style vs. Cervini style, what to do.....

Okay, so I am pretty much sold on the Cervinis kit. I have been asking questions about suspension upgrades and I have been told to get Tokico shocks, these won't lower the car too much, will they? Also what size tires should I get with the 20x8.5 wheels, I have read another thread and I remember someone saying that they had to switch tire sizes because the car didn't feel right, by the way I am not looking for a really low profile tire, I still want some thickness to them.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:20 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BartSimpson

Okay, so I am pretty much sold on the Cervinis kit. I have been asking questions about suspension upgrades and I have been told to get Tokico shocks, these won't lower the car too much, will they? Also what size tires should I get with the 20x8.5 wheels, I have read another thread and I remember someone saying that they had to switch tire sizes because the car didn't feel right, by the way I am not looking for a really low profile tire, I still want some thickness to them.
I am not sure what you can expect from those alone, I personally use coilovers. hey have an adjustable ride height so you can choose how low you want the car. Now they do not make cheep coilovers for the mustangs like you find for civics, the ones for our cars are built with one purpose in mind and that is to hold the car to the track. There are two companies that I know make great systems for our cars H&R (what I have) and Eibach.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:08 AM
JoeysSexyBeast

Does anyone know of a good body shop in Los Angeles county that can install the Cervinis kit?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:44 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

The shocks won't lower the car they only are adj for the ride stiffness. If you want to lower the car the springs will decide that as far as I know of. Saleen, Roush, and Steeda offer springs that lower the car minimally (about 1" all around). I am lowered in the rear to lessen the rake from front to back and even out the front end with the rear. Also a little less wheel well showing in the rear. I am not doing the front springs and plan on going with Tokico D-specs shocks as well all the way around in the near future. After the drop in the rear it equalled out to about 1.25 inches total in the rear and evened out the car nicely. I do not like the *** end of the car so high and that is the only reason for the rear springs other than better hook up at the dragway but that is only a small part of the rear suspension mods in the future and the mods as a whole in the end will keep her straight off the line with little to no wheel hop. JMO
ORIGINAL: BartSimpson

Old 04-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

BUY A FOOSE...haha
Old 05-11-2008, 11:57 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

i know this is an old thread but doesn't the cervini's kit cost a big amount more than the saleen kit??
Old 05-12-2008, 08:04 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Yeah about double I think

ORIGINAL: EMichael

i know this is an old thread but doesn't the cervini's kit cost a big amount more than the saleen kit??
Old 05-12-2008, 03:46 PM
simplexdesign
4th Gear Member

As much as I Love my Cervinis kit and Cervinis in general I might recommend you just buy a used Saleen S281...Seems like 1 your not Completely decided on whether you really want Cervinis or not and 2If you go to just buy a completed kit(everything you want except supercharger) I think you will save time and money....(And no my answer doesnt have to do with the fact I dont want more C-Series on the road lol)