Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Stripes over hood scoop?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:49 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Stripes over hood scoop?

I've been wanting to do stripes forever. And as of yet I still haven't been able to do it. The closest Ford dealer won't do them. They have an outside person that does them for $500. To me that's way too much, especially since I don't want to do bumper-to-bumper. I'd be fine with the Ford factory stripes that go from the front of the hood to the back of the decklid, but because I have a hood scoop, I don't think it would work. And I don't want to do paint, I'd like the option of removing them at some point. Plus that's just way too expensive. I figure if I do stripes around the scoop, which I'm sure will require cutting since the scoop is drilled into the hood, I'll leave the spoiler without stripes to keep the theme. But I'd really rather them be over the scoop and over the spoiler. Anyone know what kind of work might have to go into doing vinyls on my car like that?

I'm in San Antonio, if anyone here is in the area and knows of anywhere I can get them done to my likings.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:39 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stripes over hood scoop?

yea im in say town too. you could try to call california customz or kandy shop. they are side by side so im sure it doesnt matter which one you go to. i would go to the kandy shop only cus ive been there before so he could cut out my bumper so i could fit duals. did a great job and only cost 40 bucks. im sure he would do the stripes for around the same price, not including the cost of the stripes of course.
I got the number for the kandy shop in the phone book, they dont have a website so dont even try. lol
hope i helped
Old 08-19-2007, 02:59 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Old 08-19-2007, 03:31 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Dude, easy solution. Check out Baltimore Street Mods. They make stripe kits specifically made for the s197's, and they are customizable to the mods of your car. On their order forum, just put the kind of scoop you have, and they will send you stripes to put on the scoop also. They are like $160 for the full bumper to bumper kit. It may be cheaper to get a custom setup, but BSM is totally hassle free and totally worth it.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:10 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

Dude, easy solution. Check out Baltimore Street Mods. They make stripe kits specifically made for the s197's, and they are customizable to the mods of your car. On their order forum, just put the kind of scoop you have, and they will send you stripes to put on the scoop also. They are like $160 for the full bumper to bumper kit. It may be cheaper to get a custom setup, but BSM is totally hassle free and totally worth it.
Sounds good, but I don't know that I'd trust myself to put them on. I'd probably mess up and then be upset with msyelf for messing up.

And I'm not a dude, lol.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Hmmm, second time I made the man/woman mistake in the last few hours....

Anyways, if you want instructions, I can help you out. They are pretty easy to put on, and with a few tricks you can get them done perfectly in and hour or two. PM me if you decide to.