Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Aftermarket hoods with V6 stock bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Aftermarket hoods with V6 stock bumper?

ORIGINAL: noober

Roush hoods are generally accepted and a favourite among all Mustang owners. I was thinking of one till I went against it. It's sleek, slender, and narrower than most other hoods. It speaks agressive without being too overbearing.

Some guy in Texas can get you one for $89 and paint for $75. Retail is ~$150. PM me and I'll try and find his info.
Do you have any pictures of the one you are talking about for that price?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Just make your front more agressive by adding an aggressive chin spoiler, which isn't that expensive and then go with whatever hood you please. If your gonna get a hood get one that you think looks the coolest weather your car is stock or not, you will probably want to change the front bumper anyways. Then if you didn't get the hood you wanted when you were stock, you would have wasted your money on a hood that looked ok with your stock bumper, and then when you get your new bumper you will wonder why you didn't get the hood you really wanted in the first place. Trust me been there done that. You have to think of the big picture when making purchases, I would have saved a ton of money if I would have!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:13 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: socool9004

scrming what you doing up at 2AM, u building another 9-second v6?
actually it was 5AM... Eastern Time Zone.....

oh... MRT Cherry 6T6 Hood... CDC Billet grille... CDC chin spoiler... LOL

Old 01-08-2008, 03:13 PM
noober
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: noober

Roush hoods are generally accepted and a favourite among all Mustang owners. I was thinking of one till I went against it. It's sleek, slender, and narrower than most other hoods. It speaks agressive without being too overbearing.

Some guy in Texas can get you one for $89 and paint for $75. Retail is ~$150. PM me and I'll try and find his info.
Do you have any pictures of the one you are talking about for that price?
It was late at night, and my brain went a little haywire (for those of you that saw my "most important post in the world" post before it was deleted, you'll know what I'm talking about...) and I thought it was about hood SCOOPS and not hoods. My fault. I was thinking of the hood scoop.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Mamba GTT

Just make your front more agressive by adding an aggressive chin spoiler, which isn't that expensive and then go with whatever hood you please. If your gonna get a hood get one that you think looks the coolest weather your car is stock or not, you will probably want to change the front bumper anyways. Then if you didn't get the hood you wanted when you were stock, you would have wasted your money on a hood that looked ok with your stock bumper, and then when you get your new bumper you will wonder why you didn't get the hood you really wanted in the first place. Trust me been there done that. You have to think of the big picture when making purchases, I would have saved a ton of money if I would have!!!
LOL, solid advice. I could definitely see a major appearance mod like a hood turning into a whole lot more shortly after. Even the minor mods get addictive.

And 07 Stang, the Boy Racer hood you liked is $799 + shipping + paint and labor and everything. Kinda pricey, but aftermarket always is. You can see it (and a bunch of other hoods) at:

http://www.mrbodykit.com/bodykits/hoods05_06.htm
Old 01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

There was a TSB for bubbling paint on the hoods... get the dealership to paint it for free!
Where is that TSB?

My car is 2005 with 48K on it, and it has this. I was told that the car came with a 5 year unlimited mile corrosion warranty (true, yes or no?), so would this be covered under that??? If it is, Ford is getting a call tomorrow