Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Paint it black

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Paint it black

ORIGINAL: joshetc

You think that would look good with the black top? I really dig alloy, and if they had one when I bought this car, that was what I wanted. (since they don't make mineral grey anymore) Was that a show at the baltimore convention center? If so, what show was it? Maybe I'll head out there sometime since its only about an hour and some change drive from me. I'll see if I can dig up a two-tone redfire/alloy online.
Alloy and black...eh I wouldn't do that, but it might work. I meant like the picture of the Redfire Roush above but with Alloy on top instead of black.

The car show was only there for about 5 days, (I think it was the International Auto Show)so no luck seeing that car again. It has to be a local car though so maybe someone on here has some info on it. I remember it had 20"black wheels. Can't remember much else though, but the paint job really stood out.

Anyway I vote for Alloy instead of black because with Alloy you get dark colors, medium colors, and highlights. With black (white too) you get very little contrast....mainly just reflections.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:23 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Alloy and black...eh I wouldn't do that, but it might work. I meant like the picture of the Redfire Roush above but with Alloy on top instead of black.

The car show was only there for about 5 days, (I think it was the International Auto Show)so no luck seeing that car again. It has to be a local car though so maybe someone on here has some info on it. I remember it had 20"black wheels. Can't remember much else though, but the paint job really stood out.

Anyway I vote for Alloy instead of black because with Alloy you get dark colors, medium colors, and highlights. With black (white too) you get very little contrast....mainly just reflections.
I meant the black vert top. If I use anything other than black, it'll basically be a 3-tone instead of a 2-tone since I'm a vert
Old 03-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

AGh. I need to get a light bar too, they look awesome.. I'm going to have to work a lot of overtime for this car.... does roush paint the crease in the middle of the two-tone or is that the reflection of the light? It's kinda hard to tell but it looks like it's painted. it makes me sad that 2008 has to be the year of performance mods, cause I really dig this two-tone now.
I think that crease is actually a white pin stripe.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Margarita Girl

I think that crease is actually a white pin stripe.
Thats the word I was looking for, pinstripe. I'm going to start talking to a few people now. A couple years ago I had to get the front bumper replaced on my 05 and a friend of my dads friend matched and painted it for less than $80 with primo work. I'm gonna see if I can get into contact with him, cause it could probably save me a lot of money.

This is the hood I think I am going to get.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:52 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

I meant the black vert top. If I use anything other than black, it'll basically be a 3-tone instead of a 2-tone since I'm a vert
Yeah but I don't really count the convertible top as a "color". It would be one thing if it was white or something, but black just fades in. It goes with anything.

Find me a picture of a convertible Alloy and I will try to photoshop it for you.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:13 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Not the best picture, but this is all I could find:

Alloy is badass. I need to win the lotto.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:10 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I played around with it but it just looks black. We need a better pic. I'll keep looking