Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Keyless Entry Keypad in Gas Door & River Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by 157db
Reed switch inside rubber window trim.
Magnet affixed anywhere for storage.
Need in, place magnet over rubber
window trim where reed switch is
placed, mimics door unlock switch.
Some of us dont have $90 to drop
on silly mods. Mother is the nature
of invention, or something like that.
Maybe try resizing your pics and
using the return key once in a while....
Cuz this scrolling back and forth is the shizzile
well, considering i've never seen a reed switch, that sounds pretty neat, i'd like to see that.. although it sounds very difficult or time-intensive install ?

well, i guess i need to appologize for having a good paying job and working my **** & sweating my ***** off with overtime to pay for everything?

"silly mods" is in the eye of the beer-holder... cuz all in all.. none of this really matters.. i mean.. why would anyone spend $200 for an Eleanor grill and move their fog lamps and get rid of that beautiful running pony ?

i really don't see where i need to explain my choice of mods to anyone.. neither do you... so back off dude, grow up or have another beer and chill with that chip on yer shoulder... no need to be ugly i'm trying my damnedest not to be.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:53 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by suoperdave84
It's a cool feature but I don't see the point. I might be wrong but I thought you couldn't lock your keys inside an S197? I know you have to have the key physically in the car to start the engine, and I think if the key is in the car the doors can't lock.

I would test it myself but I had to override this feature when I got my alarm.

Either way, no way in hell would I leave my keys in the car. It just makes it that much easier for someone to steal.
cause i can ? shouldn't that be a good enough reason for it ?

why do we make any of the mods we do ?

number one, i'm not talking about leaving them in the ignition, i would never do that... i pull them, and put them under the seat.. BUT... i just went outside and tested leaving them inside, and either under the seat or in the ignition the system locks perfectly fine. (i did this from the passenger side)

although i do remember reading something in the manual about the driver side door, when you leave it in the ignition and open the door and it not locking... i'll have to see if i can find that. I do have the factory active anti-theft system installed.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

I have always wanted one of those, but didn't want it stuck on my door above or below the handle - good thinking there on the placement, looks good. I think I will now get one and put it in the same spot.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 AM
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

p.s. I can name two easy ways that could cause your keys to be locked in the car:

(1) Wife
(2) Grandkids
Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 AM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

Nice job on the paint!

Not a mod for everyone but can be very useful in a few situations.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 AM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

great modification dood...looks really nice, and keeps you from accidentally locking the keys in the trunk. I may have to think about this!

For all the Negative Nancys; If you dont have something nice to say...**** off.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:44 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Another scenario is you go to the beach or anywhere for that matter and you don't want to take the risk of loosing your keys. Lock em in the car along with your wallet and you don't have to worry about getting back in.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:30 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by kcmarti
I have always wanted one of those, but didn't want it stuck on my door above or below the handle - good thinking there on the placement, looks good. I think I will now get one and put it in the same spot.
yup, that's the exact reason why i didn't order mine with it already on it.. i couldn't stand it on the door... thanks, and good luck!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:31 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by kcmarti
p.s. I can name two easy ways that could cause your keys to be locked in the car:

(1) Wife
(2) Grandkids
lol +1 on #1
Old 09-02-2008, 12:37 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by DTK
Nice job on the paint!

Not a mod for everyone but can be very useful in a few situations.
thank you... it almost looks as deep as the paint on the car in bright sunlight.. i was surprised it turned out so well myself. ESPECIALLY cause there weren't any numbers to paint by..

valid point.. heck, i wouldn't have even considered it if i hadn't found that spot to put it in. i'd rather have to go to the dealer a 100 times and have a door key made for $5 off the VIN number than to have that pad on my door.

Quick Reply: Keyless Entry Keypad in Gas Door & River Pics