Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What do you pay to have your car detailed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i pay nothign i do it my self and it comes out the best that way
Old 02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I've never let anyone detail my car either. I do it myself. I just don't trust anyone and the idea of paying someone to do a shoddy job just does not make sense to me.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:13 PM
RedRave
1st Gear Member

Educate yourself and learn the basics here http://www.autopia.org/ . It really isnt that hard. Just getting the basic supplies to get you going costs a bit but once thats done u just need to re-stock from time to time.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:27 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
What do you guys recommend for the cloth seats. Mine have white stains (lol, not what your thinking) on the front two seats. I was thinking try cleaning them, or if it wont work get a rag and get a little black rit dye, but i think the little ponies on the seat might be a lighter color?
You can rent a Rug Doctor at your local hardware store to clean your carpets and cloth seats.

I'm planning on doing this with my carpets in the spring.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
What do you guys recommend for the cloth seats. Mine have white stains (lol, not what your thinking) on the front two seats. I was thinking try cleaning them, or if it wont work get a rag and get a little black rit dye, but i think the little ponies on the seat might be a lighter color?
actually, i also have a 'white' stain on my passenger seat (again, not what you're thinking... but i did buy my car used... ) but i have leather seats. i've tried zaino's leather cleaner and conditioner and it didn't really come out. any ideas?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:28 PM
retro_pony
2nd Gear Member

LET ME RE-PHRASE...

What does it cost to have vehicles in your area detailed and what's included in the prices.

Reason for discussion... I too, like others here, detail my car extensively. After 2 years, I have come to enjoy it and tend to be on the **** side, so have gotten the basics down a little more than average. I get compliments, so I was thinking of offering my services to friends and co-workers, a good way to make some "mod" money.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:37 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

There's no feeling quite like watching your car shine after you wash it yourself, plus, you tend to be more careful with the car when it's your sweat that goes into cleaning it.

I suggest you find a good detailing forum, that's what I did and I'm very proud of the way my car looks. I set apart a whole saturday or sunday to detail it at least once a month, other days I just do a quick wash, always using two buckets. One with the soapy water and another to wash mitt or towel.

Umm, nevermind, just read your post. I can't help with the price because I'm not in the US, but out here where labor is pretty cheap prices hover between 150 and 200 dollars.

Last edited by flash_xx; 02-07-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Originally Posted by retro_pony
LET ME RE-PHRASE...

What does it cost to have vehicles in your area detailed and what's included in the prices.

Reason for discussion... I too, like others here, detail my car extensively. After 2 years, I have come to enjoy it and tend to be on the **** side, so have gotten the basics down a little more than average. I get compliments, so I was thinking of offering my services to friends and co-workers, a good way to make some "mod" money.
sorry, i guess we kind of hijacked your thread

to get back on topic, i've heard from some people that they got theirs fully detailed for around 70 - 100 bucks.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:40 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by retro_pony
LET ME RE-PHRASE...

Cheapest you'll see is $100, and that's someone doing it out of their garage not looking to make much. I've made around $200-250/car before but that's wash/clay bar/wax, wheels off scrub, and I steam the carpet and detail the interior. It's all in what your looking to make really, charging that much I may 150-200 per car which isn't bad for a full days work.

You really can't give a blanket price though from my experience, unless your not looking to make a set amount. You usually end up finding some things you don't have supplies for.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

for the kind of detailing I do to my car I would charge (or expect to pay) at least $200. And that's assuming only one coat of wax and normal cleaning.

And to those who think they are detailing their cars for free or almost nothing, you really ought to calculate the cost of soap, sponges, micro-fiber towels, cleaner, polish, wax and yes, water if you are a homeowner!
The total cost of the products I have in my detailing bucket would pay for several details. Have you priced good micro-fiber products??? LOL

Quick Reply: What do you pay to have your car detailed?