Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Street Scene Gen 1 bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:42 PM
azrael_nite
1st Gear Member

Hello,

I have one. I really like the bumper. I had a hard time deciding too in the beginning. I kind of felt that the Gen 1 Bumper had quite a few things going for it. I liked how it looked aggressive and was different enough from stock. Has great lines and seemed to flow well with the cars existin lines. Bottom grille matches top also bottom side vents matched the light openings.

Installation was ok. not the greatest but ok. Had to do a little bit of modding to get the turn signal light brackets to fit right. Other than that it went in and painted fine. Here's a pic of mine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42038785@N02/3876387492/
Old 10-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by azrael_nite
Hello,

I have one. I really like the bumper. I had a hard time deciding too in the beginning. I kind of felt that the Gen 1 Bumper had quite a few things going for it. I liked how it looked aggressive and was different enough from stock. Has great lines and seemed to flow well with the cars existin lines. Bottom grille matches top also bottom side vents matched the light openings.

Installation was ok. not the greatest but ok. Had to do a little bit of modding to get the turn signal light brackets to fit right. Other than that it went in and painted fine. Here's a pic of mine.

that looks way nicer then i figured it would!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by azrael_nite
Hello,

Thanks man, Very nice looking ride btw. Yeah, now I'm at about 99% for the Gen 1 SS. Too bad I have to put a front tag on it though. I think it will look good with the Boy Racer wing, too.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
that looks way nicer then i figured it would!
+1 I should really give the SS front more credit. Overall I usually like the stuff they come out with. Most of it isn't really stuff I'd like for my own car (the center fog grille being the main exception) but I definitely enjoy seeing it on other rides
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, they seem like a pretty "brand name" company and lots of vendors carry their stuff. I think my body man got me a little gun shy telling me stories of people who had bought hoods and bumpers and they ended up being so off that they weren't even able to get them to match up enough to use them. (off brand stuff probably)
I'm going to do it. I'll be placing the order as soon as my insurance check comes in.

What do you guys think about the 3D Carbon Boy Racer wing on my car with the SS Front? I personally think they look good, but I've had some other people act like they are the ugliest things in the world. I've only seen them in pix, never in person, though.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

My opinion is that if you want a spoiler of that style and size, the Boy Racer is the only way to go. And I do think it legitimately can look good as long as the rest of the car has the aggression to match. I think people would be quick to call it sort of a "rice" wing but I think there are things about it that keep it from being that, especially when used correctly. haha I guess its the same policy as street scene products: really cool for your car, not so much for mine (it's my same attitude towards offset stripes lol)
Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 AM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I agree. If you just put the wing on a stock mustang it would look funny. But since mine is lowered and will have the Gen 1 kit on the front I think it will look pretty tough. I fell in love with the Wing after seeing the orange mustang on the cover of October Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. It has been lowered and has the wing and just the California Special front and it looks HOT!! I'm sure with the more agressive front I'm using it will be cool.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:55 PM
azrael_nite
1st Gear Member

I say go for the wing. That's one of the things that sets mustang cars and owners apart. There are so many different options all of which can make your mustang your own. IMO it wouldn't be as much fun if everyone had a stang that looked the same. If you like the wing... get it. The worst that can happen is that you totally hate it... you can always take it off. no biggie.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

True, True. I'll be sure to post pix and info of the installs for those who are interested. Thanks again for the input guys.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:39 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

If you are looking at high deck wings, I particularly love the carbon roush trak pak wing. It looks so mean. I have seen the boy racer one in person too though and they both look good. So its whatever makes you happy

Quick Reply: Street Scene Gen 1 bumper