Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

black chrome

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 PM
cstich08

Question black chrome

to start off, I know that this topic has been discussed many many times, I've been searching through the forums for days, but I have some questions. I'm pretty positive that I'm going to buy a set of fr500 18's, probably 18x9, but I also prefer deep dish in the back. I'm thinking 18x9 because I don't plan on any more hp, because that would mean a sc which isn't really reasonable for me. So 9 seems like the right size. Also, I don't want to run staggered because it would mess up the handling that i've worked hard to get. so my questions are:

Is there any company that makes fr500, black chrome in 18x9 deep dish? I've looked a lot and haven't found any, but was just wondering if someone knows a company.

also some general questions about black chrome

1. what are any problems, surprises, or dislikes people w/ black chrome wheels have? specifically with the color peeling off, undesirable changes in color with different lights, looking more black than expected etc.

2. I'd like to hear some opinions on whether or not you think black chrome on a black car would look too black.

any pics of a black mustang with black chrome fr500 would be great. especially some 18s in high and low light... yes, I realize that that is asking a lot and I dont really expect it.

sorry for the long post and I apologize in advance if any of this is a repost.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 AM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

couldn't find any with deep dish but here are black chrome
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....ts.asp?cat=116
Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM
duggyb
2nd Gear Member

no one makes a black chrome deep dish x9 inch replica...

best you are going to get is x10 rim which has a dish.

i have heard black chrome is easy to clean (windex) but not necessarily easy to keep clean, as it shows water spots and such really bad but that's not a big deal.

personally on a black car i think it would look good with ALL black rims(say the Saleen 20's) and from cruizin concepts will cost you $500 less and you move to 20's and come pre mounted with Toyo Proxes

just my 2 cents..

Thanks.
Duggy
Old 12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
BaDStAnGT
2nd Gear Member

look at my gallery i have blk on blk chrome
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The quality on those rims is junk.
Too many people got shafted with this product and not much was ever done to re-compensate the hurt customers, doesn't matter the vendor.
So beware.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
wbk_viper
1st Gear Member

What is junk?

Do you mean the quality of the Black Chrome coating? or the actual FR500 replica wheel?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

There were a few threads recently between a few black chrome rim owners and cruizin concepts that got a little nasty. I think they ended up being deleted but you can search to find out. Basically people were having problems with the finish on the black chrome
Old 12-18-2009, 02:37 PM
jodadejss06gt
1st Gear Member

I'd like to see that one. I almost got the black chrome fr500 but decided to go with the CS69's
Old 12-18-2009, 11:04 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wbk_viper
What is junk?

Do you mean the quality of the Black Chrome coating? or the actual FR500 replica wheel?
The black chrome coating is the problem, not the rim.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:10 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shadow7874
There were a few threads recently between a few black chrome rim owners and cruizin concepts that got a little nasty. I think they ended up being deleted but you can search to find out. Basically people were having problems with the finish on the black chrome

I will be up front, I'm not like most that start complaining about defective products that cost me $2000.00, I always call, state the issue send pics, remove parts as i talk to the claims people and give them all the info they need, one wheel is a issue after little over month old, just got back off 3,000 mile trip, looked like wheel was cracked but claims assured me was the coating, took wheel off appears to be coating and as i washed there were 2 more dime size marks too. waiting on claims on next step, have pm'd mike with CC, if available i would expect a 20 inch 8.5 godspeed black chrome wheel by next week. Mike has assured me from the 5/26/2010 post / rant that seems was removed now, that if i ever had issues they will take care of it, now i was not told if i have to pay for the remount of tire to new rim and tpms and the recalibrate of those, we'll see, if all goes well i will state that CC stands behind their products, or stands behinds those that provide their products, i can't be more fair than that, i'm awaiting claims for a RMA and when sending wheel and a reply to my PM I sent to CC.

Last edited by 6+6 Stang; 06-10-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: black chrome