Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

HIDS and map lights?..pics?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:31 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtnblk.GT
That is a nice shot. Pictures really don't do justice because I have HID's in my headlights and man, they lit up the road. Just wondering about the PIAA and the foglight situation. I hear people say when you upgrade fogs to PIAA, you have much greater light output, true? If so, where did you get your PIAA foglights from?
Thanks, the PIAA lights are much better, even stock, but they are not fog lights, they are driving lights with a very narrow pencil beam, so they light up the road ahead very far. I got mine off Ebay, but you can find the in a lot of stores online. This is the description of the kit:

Ford 05-06 Mustang (GT) PIAA Lamp Kit (PIAA-4064)

# Kit Includes: Two 40 Series lamps, two mounting brackets, wiring harness, relay, switch, and mounting hardware.

PIAA vehicle specific lamp kit offer complete lamp kits for a number of popular vehicles. Kits come complete with lamps wiring harness, relay, hardware and instructions. The result is OEM quality and fit with simple easy installation.

PIAA 40 Round Clear Driving Light System (PIAA-4062)

Durability, dependability and reliability add up to make the 4062 lamp the best value in the market today. With its prism cut glass lens for optimum clarity, stamped steel corrosion resistant housing, and powerful 55 watt quartz halogen bulb, the 4062 is unmatched in value to performance ratio.

# Available In Clear Driving
# Bulb Type 12V - H3 55watt
# Features Black stamped steel housing, and glass lens
# Kit Includes Two lamps, wiring harness, relay, switch, and two white lamp covers with black lettering.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash_xx
Thanks, the PIAA lights are much better, even stock, but they are not fog lights, they are driving lights with a very narrow pencil beam, so they light up the road ahead very far. I got mine off Ebay, but you can find the in a lot of stores online. This is the description of the kit:

Ford 05-06 Mustang (GT) PIAA Lamp Kit (PIAA-4064)

# Kit Includes: Two 40 Series lamps, two mounting brackets, wiring harness, relay, switch, and mounting hardware.

PIAA vehicle specific lamp kit offer complete lamp kits for a number of popular vehicles. Kits come complete with lamps wiring harness, relay, hardware and instructions. The result is OEM quality and fit with simple easy installation.

PIAA 40 Round Clear Driving Light System (PIAA-4062)

Durability, dependability and reliability add up to make the 4062 lamp the best value in the market today. With its prism cut glass lens for optimum clarity, stamped steel corrosion resistant housing, and powerful 55 watt quartz halogen bulb, the 4062 is unmatched in value to performance ratio.

# Available In Clear Driving
# Bulb Type 12V - H3 55watt
# Features Black stamped steel housing, and glass lens
# Kit Includes Two lamps, wiring harness, relay, switch, and two white lamp covers with black lettering.

Perfect, thank you for the information. One more thing, you can use your HID fog light kit with this product right? If so, I'm definitely doing this mod.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtnblk.GT
Perfect, thank you for the information. One more thing, you can use your HID fog light kit with this product right? If so, I'm definitely doing this mod.

Thanks
Technically no, the PIAA's are H3 bulbs, stock is H10 I think, but I jammed a set of retro-solutions 55W H3 HID's in them anyways, I had to take the plug apart to feed the wires through the PIAA body, then reassemble the plug, everything else was plug and play.

This is how they look from the back:

Old 09-18-2010, 04:37 AM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash_xx
Technically no, the PIAA's are H3 bulbs, stock is H10 I think, but I jammed a set of retro-solutions 55W H3 HID's in them anyways, I had to take the plug apart to feed the wires through the PIAA body, then reassemble the plug, everything else was plug and play.

This is how they look from the back:

I see, so I would actually have to get an HID H3 bulb in order for this to work? I have the fog light HID kit already from retro-solutions. Thanks for your help so far.