Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Help with Light Tint.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 03:50 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

have fun with that...I personally wouldn't touch them. vote for the 50% or even lighter. that way you can at least see.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:15 AM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheBocSez
I installed 50% on mine and am happy with it, it looks darker on than you would think, but havent noticed much of a decrease in visibility while driving at night.
Mind posting a picture of your car with the tint? That would be great.

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
i have a blackout tint on mine which im pretty sure is 35%
i couldnt drive at night until i got HID's but since then i have had 0 problems doing it
so if u wanna match ur fogs just black it out
I'll keep this mind. Maybe I should just order two different shades and check it out.

Originally Posted by johnd304
Hey. I ordered headlight tint from rvinyl.com. I can't even remember if I got dark smoke or light smoke. Oh well, they look good on my white Stang. They have a blackout tint also. Here is a link...and I'm sure it'd be cheaper than having someone at a shop do it for you. http://www.rvinyl.com/headlight-tint...stang-2005.htm
Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. However I am looking for something where I can install it myself. I just don't think it's that extremely difficult but I think I can still do it myself.

Originally Posted by DRock
It is illegal to black out your headlights in CA. I would say you could do 50% and be good with it!!

Im going to be doing mine in a couple of weeks
Originally Posted by SkyStang06
well if your gonna say that, just to let you know.... changing your muffler is also illegal, so why mess with exhaust, right?

but as for the thread, i would also go with 50%, you still wanna see the road! haha and especially since u have a white car it'll appear darker than usual.
Good point there. As far as your suggestion, you made another good point that it'll appear darker because I have a white car. I'm starting to lean on the 50% shade now. I plan on moving to california (SD area) at some point next year. Think I can get away with 50% smoke shade on my headlights? I sure hope so...

If I could get a few pictures with 50% and 35% shade on some mustangs (especially white), I'll be able to make my decision.

Thanks all and keep 'em coming.

Last edited by whtnblk.GT; 10-18-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 AM
johnd304

Originally Posted by whtnblk.GT
Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. However I am looking for something where I can install it myself. I just don't think it's that extremely difficult but I think I can still do it myself.
It comes pre-cut and you just apply it like all other tint. Worked a ton easier and better than the tail light tint I ordered off AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

It comes pre-cut and you just apply it like all other tint. Worked a ton easier and better than the tail light tint I ordered off AM.
I wanna order some, how big is the difference between dark and light smoke?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:33 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I would do 50% better to do it mildly then overkill.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:29 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
have fun with that...I personally wouldn't touch them. vote for the 50% or even lighter. that way you can at least see.
Thank you for your suggestion.

That is great to know, I'll keep this in mind and compare prices from other brands. Hopefully I can find cheap but not really cheap because of quality.

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I would do 50% better to do it mildly then overkill.
That is a good point, I rather not overkill.

Alright, looks like everybody agrees to get 50% rather than 35% shade. I will order 50% shade and post pictures up as soon as I install them. Thank you all for your help.

I'm ready to put a few more mods on my car and finish the project!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:37 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

well if your gonna say that, just to let you know.... changing your muffler is also illegal, so why mess with exhaust, right?

but as for the thread, i would also go with 50%, you still wanna see the road! haha and especially since u have a white car it'll appear darker than usual.
Just to make my point lol SkySTang just got pulled over and given a ticket for having his V6 with dual exaust being too loud...Welcome to Cali. If they can get you with it they will. But if you are not willing to try thatn you will never know!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:37 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRock
Just to make my point lol SkySTang just got pulled over and given a ticket for having his V6 with dual exaust being too loud...Welcome to Cali. If they can get you with it they will. But if you are not willing to try thatn you will never know!
Lol oh wow, he better have turn downs or something!

California ftl.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Wrong... because he said if it's LEGAL its not worth doing.
So if changing your muffler is ILLEGAL, then he is saying it IS worth it.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:43 PM
TheBocSez

Here are the pics of mine with 50% from headlightarmor.com I tinted the headlights, foglights, and turn signals all at 50%. I also included a pic of the 3rd brake light which I tinted at 20% because I wanted it to blend in with the stripe. I have noticed no real reduction in visibility at night at all with the 50%

Quick Reply: Help with Light Tint.