Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

My new chin spoiler I painted like the C/S

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 PM
cooltoy

Default My new chin spoiler I painted like the C/S

So i finally bit the bullet and decided to do the cdc classic chin spoiler. After months of trying to decide between bumper replacements and other chin spoilers i just sucked it up and made a decision. This decision mind you was also greatly influenced by the fact i was able to pick this up off ebay for $199 painted and shipped new in box!

Anyways i was beyond tired of looking at this drab front nose.

So when the cdc classic showed up i inspected it of course. This thing was super well wrapped and packaged nicely. Not a single blemish anywhere on it. Great job cdc guys! So i ran out to the garage, backed my baby out and threw this up on there. Then came more hard decisions. I stared at it for about an hour trying to decide if i wanted to leave it how it was? Did i want to have it striped like the rest of the car? Did i want to have the middle wrapped in vinyl like the california special's? Or did i want to try and do the paint work myself and play around with it?

Well after lots of internal debate i went for it. I grabbed my handy dandy aircraft paint remover and took off all the paint from the middle section of the chin spoiler. I then carefully sanded it, put down some primer and then a couple coats of flat satin black. Believe you me it is super nerve racking tearing paint off a brand new beautifully painted piece of anything, let alone a part for my car! I told the wife not to come near me until everything was done for fear something would go wrong and i would vent my frustrations.

The final result of about 2 hours work was a finished new chin spoiler painted california special style by myself. Let me tell you i could not be any happier with the results. And my heart is equally excited that everything turned out fine and dandy.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

It looks great!
The chin needed a little black on it to flow with the rest of the car.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

That looks fantastic! Great decision on the black.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Wow, looks great! And welcome to the forums! I love what ya did, I'm not a big fan of the stripes going down over the spoiler or just solid painted to match. Very nice decision.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

that looks so sick! i need to get the exact same thing
Old 07-01-2011, 06:15 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
It looks great!
The chin needed a little black on it to flow with the rest of the car.
+1, looks alot better then before!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 AM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

wow.. you don't see many CDC Classics with the color-match then blacked center to CS style..

I really like that..

nice work.. and lol @ keepin the wife back
Old 07-01-2011, 07:50 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Very nice work bro! Don't see many of these chins painted that way, but everyone of them I have seen done cs style looks awesome.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

wait, what? that looks super...congrats on the ??? to take a new piece and paint strip...looks great (though I hate copying of the CS)...well done, and great idea about the wife...lol...you should see what mine gets blamed with, even if she's not in the same room...lol
Old 07-01-2011, 08:45 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

By far the best way to do the CDC classic IMO

Quick Reply: My new chin spoiler I painted like the C/S