Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Best chin spoiler option for the stock bumper....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Have you considered maybe throwing some vinyl stripes on the chin instead of painting them on there? I'm sure it'd be cheaper and would match up with the ones you already have painted.

I've been pulled over for my no-plate, local cops with nothing better to do lol paid the fine and still kept it off.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Slowpoek06GT
I've got the 1.5" drop-- but I would rather not cover what I already paid to have painted with the CDC Classic-- (the lowest portion of the stock bumper cover).. make sense? Not only would I cover it, I'd probably pay to have the new chin spoiler striped and painted. I hear people say stay black, but I don't think it would look right..

Is that the eleanor honeycomb grille you put on? Looks ****..
Yes it's the eleanor grill, thanks! Well, the CDC will cover the bottom part, but all you have to do is purchase the CDC pre-painted blue from AM, then just have the middle of the chin painted with the same white stripes. It won't be the most cost-efficient... BUT it'll look great.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/a...ue-gtpics1.jpg
Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

I just realized he still has the stock grill.

You could hide your fogs behind a billet grill.

Or just do an emblem delete and billet grill from AM.

I'm looking to mount my fogs behind a billet grill and smoke them so it's harder to see them unless they're on.

Lower billet grill from AM is also a nice touch.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Slowpoek06GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by E_cox310
Yes it's the eleanor grill, thanks! Well, the CDC will cover the bottom part, but all you have to do is purchase the CDC pre-painted blue from AM, then just have the middle of the chin painted with the same white stripes. It won't be the most cost-efficient... BUT it'll look great.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/a...ue-gtpics1.jpg
So there's the vinyl option and there's having the chin spoiler painted. I don't know if I'd like it having had the entire thing custom painted-- Mayble used to be a plain vista blue when she was a virgin. I gotta think I'm gonna go painted-

It seems like I have 3 primary colors-- blue/white and black- -with the chrome of course, but I looked at the raxiom pre-painted headlights from AM, and I just don't think they'd look better.

As far as the fogs behind a billet grille go, I really like the contrast of the fogs on my setup-- I've got the eleanor honeycomb enroute from AM now.. can't wait to see what it will look like, but can't say I'm not nervous.

I'll post new pics of the grille when I get it on this weekend-- the chin spoiler pic may be a bit longer.

Thanx, fellas.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Slowpoek06GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JFitz
I just realized he still has the stock grill.

You could hide your fogs behind a billet grill.

Or just do an emblem delete and billet grill from AM.

I'm looking to mount my fogs behind a billet grill and smoke them so it's harder to see them unless they're on.

Lower billet grill from AM is also a nice touch.
So, how the hell do I mount the fogs behind the billet grill? I won't give up the fogs-- like them too much. I do prefer the upgraded grill over the honeycomb though. I was thinking eleanor style behind a billet grill...
Old 04-13-2013, 12:31 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Slowpoek06GT
So, how the hell do I mount the fogs behind the billet grill? I won't give up the fogs-- like them too much. I do prefer the upgraded grill over the honeycomb though. I was thinking eleanor style behind a billet grill...
Search 'fogs behind the grill' on the forum...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010...ete-grill.html