Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
View Poll Results: Pre-Painted on Not?
Order Pre-painted from Cervini
75.00%
Paint to match locally
25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

To Pre-paint or Not To Pre-paint...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Man didn't see this is a 4 month old thread, I wonder if the OP got his hood yet? If so let's see some pic.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Sorry I never updated the thread. I ended up getting it preprinted along with a preprinted front bumper. The paint was good and it matched and all, but the fitment, missing parts and sub par customer service left a lot to be desired. All I can say is if u order from them I hope they get your order right the first time...or second time...or third time for that matter.

That being said here are a couple of pics.

Name:  null_zps30fdd33e.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  144.9 KB

Name:  null_zpsfe1b112b.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  121.0 KB

Name:  null_zps30e9edc3.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  154.4 KB
Old 12-29-2013, 11:52 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Nice, it looks great are you planning on adding side skirts and rear to your stang, or just the front bumper just asking cause to me it looks off without the whole kit. But that hood looks great with that front bumper thanks for the updated pics and congrats.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I'm planning on adding side skirts spring/summer this coming year. I had my heart set on the Cervini's side exhaust, but since I'm lowered already that might not be in the cards. At any rate it's between that and the Stalker side skirts that Cervinis makes.

I have a gt500 rear that's been sitting in my garage unpainted for at least a year. I plan on putting that on when the sides go on, but it may go on sooner since my gen 5 tails will be delivered from AM in mid-February.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:06 AM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Yeah the stalker sides look good, I thought about going with the whole stalker kit on mine but went with the California/GT look. I might go with the stalker wing one day, when you get yours completed be sure to post some pic. I'd like to see how it comes out.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:24 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by calistang05
....I got mine un-painted, so the shop would be responsible if it didn't match with the rest of the car.
How is the shop responsible for your paint fading out genius?
I love it when guys like you show up at my shop, lol.

When I paint a body panel for a customer, I always blend on the adjacent panels (very few exceptions) so we have a perfect match. Of course blending cost more money since there is more labor and materials involved.
I ain't paying the blending time out of pocket.
I'm not the Salvation Army, I'm in business to make a living yo!

If a customer doesn't want me to blend then he'll sign a waver and live with the missmatch, if not, out the door he goes.
Not the first and last time I turn jobs down anyway...
Old 12-30-2013, 07:05 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
How is the shop responsible for your paint fading out genius?
I love it when guys like you show up at my shop, lol.

When I paint a body panel for a customer, I always blend on the adjacent panels (very few exceptions) so we have a perfect match. Of course blending cost more money since there is more labor and materials involved.
I ain't paying the blending time out of pocket.
I'm not the Salvation Army, I'm in business to make a living yo!

If a customer doesn't want me to blend then he'll sign a waver and live with the missmatch, if not, out the door he goes.
Not the first and last time I turn jobs down anyway...
Well first of all your just one shop of probably thousands of shops in the whole USA and 2nd I didn't say they were blending into my paint mister I know ever thing. I had my whole car stripped of its paint to the bare metal and repainted. And the reason they are responsible is the lifetime warranty of there work as long as I own the car or as long as there shop is in Business. I guess you must not stand by the work you do to give such warranties.

Last edited by calistang05; 12-30-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:44 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by calistang05
Well first of all your just one shop of probably thousands of shops in the whole USA and 2nd I didn't say they were blending into my paint mister I know ever thing. I had my whole car stripped of its paint to the bare metal and repainted. And the reason they are responsible is the lifetime warranty of there work as long as I own the car or as long as there shop is in Business. I guess you must not stand by the work you do to give such warranties.
Are we talking about your car now? I thought we were talking about the OP's car and his hood...
You post implied that it was the shop responsibility if his hood wouldn't match the rest of the car and I countered that it was impossible without blending due to fading (in this case, the fenders) and thus costing more for THE customer.
Has the OP's whole car been stripped and repainted like yours? Don't think so...
Besides, when you repaint a whole car, there are no worries about matching panels now are there?

As far as my work warranty, I don't go suicidal with this lifetime BS.
I warranty the paint for 5 years max (3 years on basic collision jobs).
Why? Because due to the EPA morons, any brand of paint sold in the US and sprayed on cars made in the US, is junk nowadays.
Regulations constantly lower the contain of VOC and so on...
This translate to any vehicle parked outside in hot sunny States (like mine) every day, will have clear coat fading no later than 3 years. Doesn't matter if it's a Kia or a BMW.
So....... Your shop with its lifetime BS warranty banks on the fact that people like you will keep their car in garages, being pampered etc... and by the time the paint finally fade, and it will, the car will have a different owner so they can say "sorry, not responsible".
It's a number's game and a good sale argument too.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:02 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

(since I was having my car repainted I just had the body shop fix it. I got mine un-painted.)That's what I posted about my car didn't say anything about the OP getting his hood painted to hold the shop responsible for not color matching. So you shouldn't call someone a genius in a sarcastic way as to calling them stupid, if you yourself didn't understand ones post.

Last edited by calistang05; 12-30-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:59 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It's the context it was posted in:
"I had mine unpainted so the shop would be responsible if it didn't match the rest of the car"

So from this comment one's supposed to know that your whole car was being repainted?
Mmmmmkay...
Hence the sarcasm.

Quick Reply: To Pre-paint or Not To Pre-paint...