Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chip + Intake Void Engine Warranty Correct?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Bullitt06

Default RE: Chip + Intake Void Engine Warranty Correct?

Good Idea if you you feel comfortable removing a Supercharger and re-tuning your engine (I don't) but I know many of you do. I think the local auto shop will charge about $1000 to install one ($90 per hr, 8 to 10 hrs estimated time) sooooooo...... that could be $2000 total to take one off and put it back on after getting warranty work on your 05/06 engine but I guess that's cheaper than $10,000 for a new engine. I'll have to think about getting a new SC for a while.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:41 AM
kopfjager
1st Gear Member

My advice? Get the cheapest Mustang that is off warranty and fix it up. Or get one of the many salvaged Mustangs
Salvaged Mustangs? How many 2005 and 2006 mustangs can you find as salvaged.

All this crazy talk about voiding warranties, my Ford dealer installs all brands of superchargers and lots of other performance goodies and they don't void any warranties over it. Now if you brought in a car that had a rod through the block and they can show theat you did it at 7000 RPM - They ain't paying for your new motor. Otherwise warranty is completey honored by them. Dealer installed superchargers are not uncommon at all. My dealer has several supercharged Mustangs they have sold. Every dealer is different.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:45 AM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I think taking off a CAI and replacing it with the factory one is a bit less dramatic than trying to take a SC off the car to get warranty work done. Lets face it, if you put a SC on your car, you are waving all your rights to the engine warranty for the grin factor!
Old 04-09-2006, 01:12 AM
k5zx

According to the warranty booklet the dealership gives you no it does not as long as its ford products put on at a dealership. Do you know what performance catalog you saw the above mods in? I saw them once but cant find them online at the ford site or anywhere. I assume yousaw them on a ford catalog. I did.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:52 AM
gregt909
2nd Gear Member

I have a dealer installed Roush supercharger on mine. It essentially voided the power train portion of the warranty. However, Roush will now warranty my power train for the same 3 year 36K miles.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:22 AM
k5zx

Why did you have the dealer install it? Is the Roush SC the one on the 4th gen cobras? I am a new mustang owner.
I wonder if roush would've warrantied it for 7. thasts what I hve
Old 04-09-2006, 02:40 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Before you start rallying the troops to march on Ford about what they can and can't void you best go to Sema and read what it says about voided warrentys and if your having this problom might want to get a lawyer and start digging in.

CrimeScene
Old 05-01-2006, 09:33 PM
blackv6
1st Gear Member

does this involve all issues? I am thinking of just a catback exaust and drop in filter. nothing too crazy. you think this will cause ford to void my warranty?
Old 05-01-2006, 10:01 PM
tashunka_skah

My dealer said they can tell if an aftermarket "chip" has been used, even if it's removed and the stock one is put back in before returning for service. He said that would void the factory warranty.

By the time I pay off this beast and have $$ for a supercharger and a roll bar, the warranty will be LONG GONE!!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:35 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I really don't like the idea giving people matter of fact statements that "mods do not affect your warranty".

That's bullsh1t. It is NOT black and white. Mods CAN affect your warranty and the dealer CAN say that anything you did to the car caused it to break.

It won't happen in every instance but it CAN happen and that will not be a happy day for the guy or gal who has problems. I know of a couple of people on this site, including myself, who have had warranty problems due to mods.

I would suggest talking to the Dealer before installing anything at all if you are concerned about a warranty..

Quick Reply: Chip + Intake Void Engine Warranty Correct?